Recent content by Tubaman

1. T

[No Politics] What you need to know about CoVID-19 by SARS-CoV-2 [No Politics]

May I ask what the name of your restaurant is? I live in Chicago, so, if you have a take-out service that is in operation, maybe I could stop by. Although, I should mention that I have celiac disease, so would need to restrict myself to gluten-free items.
  2. T

Good to know. I think there are two separate questions: 1. Does an adequate vitamin D level help to protect against COVID (both infection and mortality), and 2. Will treatment of an infected person who is found to have low vit D provide benefit? I think the Harvard study will explore the former...
  3. T

Yes, low vitamin D status is associated with all of the risk factors for COVID-19 mortality, e.g. liver disease, kidney disease, diabetes, old age, etc., etc. even without a person's having contracted COVID. (See "The Vitamin D Solution" by Michael Holick, M.D.) And yes - it sounds like there...
  4. T

The following is some material that I have become aware of that may be of use, although it is a bit of a non-sequitar regarding what's going on in Fl: Vitamin D deficiency as a risk factor for COVID-19 mortality Scientists seem to understand that Vitamin D is important for immune system...
  5. T

Yamaha RX-596 Receiver Review

I hate to admit it, but it has been years since i packed it away, and I don't know where it is at the moment. But, if I get around to locating it, I will post the make and model here.
  6. T

I live in Chicago, and I think I remember my building engineer having told me that the wiring in my building is so old that it features cloth insulation. By the way, I have used the receiver without problem since having retrieved it from the repair shop. If the problem occurs again though, I...
  7. T

Here is the exciting conclusion to the story! I took the receiver to a repair place, they left it on all day, and there was no problem! It appears that the reason the unit was turning itself off repeatedly here at my place was that there was a power problem in my building, which is a 1950's era...
  8. T

P.S. In addition to any parts that the shop will find that have failed, are there any other parts that I might consider replacing, even if they have not failed yet, in order to improve performance, or prevent a potential future failure?
  9. T

I have an RX-596 that I had been using regularly, and then let it sit for a year or two without being used. I live in Chicago, and there was enough live music that I got out of the habit of listening to recorded music. Since the concert halls are closed now, as a result of the COVID-19...
Top Bottom