Recent content by Trangbar

1. T

Class D amp and SMSP coil whine?

Well, after 48 hours or so of curing, the whine has diminished a bit, but I can still hear it easily when no music it playing. I may goop it up some more, but I am doubting I can eliminate completely.
  2. T

Ha ha! How did yours turn out in the end? Did your extremely talented, pro application of 388 do the trick? Or are you waiting the 7 days?
  3. T

I was not as liberal as @CleanSound , but I did smother the area where I thought the sounds was coming from. My method was to remove the plate, plug it in and turn it on and then listen with a rolled up paper cone. The noise seems to be emanating from the coil that was not covered with the white...
  4. T

Will do. The silicone should arrive in a few days and I will take some pictures as I do it.
  5. T

This is excellent information! I have a SVS 3000 Micro that has been whining since I have bought it (2nd hand) and was thinking to contact SVS as I heard they sometimes replace the amp module to address it. I am going to give the silicone goop a try.
  6. T

Schiit Skoll Balanced Phono Stage Review

There is also the Hafler PH50B (MM) and PH60B (MC) units which were around $500(?). Company no longer exists, but you can still find them.
Top Bottom