Recent content by tparm

1. T

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

@Killingbeans I appreciate your perspective. I too believe in placebo but feel it is way overstated on forums in our hobby in general, usually to make oneself feel better about their own buying decisions or superior in their understanding of how things work/sound for some reason. It seems there...
  2. T

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

I'm aware. I assume you believe every amp on the market sounds the same too? I've owned other great measuring DACs (from when I made some buying decisions based on reviews here) that I didn't care for. I very much like my Kula integrated that also has a quality DAC card. The Innuos is an...
  3. T

Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC and Streamer Review

Took me a while to get back here, @HookEm as mentioned I bought a used Innuos Zen Mk3 which initially had issues with. It worked well as a Roon core, played CDs ripped to the HDD, Radio Paradise and music files I transferred from my laptop, but wouldn't stream Qobuz using the Sense app. Innuos...
  4. T

Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC and Streamer Review

I have a Mola Mola Kula integrated with DAC card (based on the Tambaqui). I just purchased a used Innuos Zen Mk3 an hour ago and look forward to this very comparison. I currently use Roon via the Tambaqui Ethernet port but my old laptop I use as a Core is dying a slow, loud death. As a result I...
  5. T

SMSL VMV D3 Review (R2R DAC)

Not really the way things work here, these would tether trust a machine than their ears. ‍♂️. You’ll get blasted for asking about something that is built to produce sound, sounds…..
  6. T

SOLD

Price reduction
  7. T

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

BTW, my pristine C298 is listed in the classifieds.... I used a trigger from my processor and worked perfectly.
  8. T

SOLD

Friday still for sale bump....
  9. T

NAD C298 listed in classifieds.

Hope it’s ok to toss this out on this forum, so much interest in class d here that I wanted to let you all know my mint NAD C298 purifi based stereo amp is listed in the classifieds. Thanks.
  10. T

SOLD

Selling my mint condition NAD C298 stereo amplifier. Bought new back around first of the year, love it but just sold literally my entire stack, speakers and subs to go another direction. PayPal FF, Venmo or Zelle and buyer pays shipping. Thanks. $1,750
  11. T

Anthem AVM 90 Audio Video Preamp/Processor

Oh gotcha, sorry. So my subjective views are its more controlled in lower frequencies, surprisingly more sweet while also being more open in the treble and not quite as cozy in the midrange but sounds more lifelike in those regions. The soundstage is also deeper while not necessarily wider. I...
  12. T

NAD uses a house power supply and buffer which I suppose could affect the sound compared to other entities using the Purifi modules, but how much is debatable. I guess most things HiFi are debatable now that I think of it haha. I don't have personal experience with the Anthem's but by nature...
  13. T

Review and Measurements of Bluesound NODE 2i Streamer

For fun, @amirm are you interested in measuring the Node (130) running current firmware and having the ability to measure the USB output?
  14. T

No wrong decision there.... I was using a Parasound A52+ for my 5 base channels and recently went to NAD C298 for my LR channels (I also playback all 2CH music via analog path as described above) and I really like the NAD. Dead quiet, tons of headroom, superior driver control all make for a very...
  15. T

Hey sorry it was out of town. I’ve been using Genesis for about 6 months and yes there has been continual improvement. Good question on Trinnov and Lyngdorf, though for me at some point the law of diminishing returns takes over. I’m not sure I could justify the added cost of those units. At some...
Top Bottom