Recent content by totally42

1. T

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Nah, I got the vibe fine. I've been on the Internet for a while. I remember reading an article years ago in a blind test, Millennials preferred MP3's over the actual CD sample. I can't blame them, if they've only heard compressed music their entire lives. Hi-Fi will die, because the consumer can...
  2. T

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Which is why I was implying, if you can't find the difference today, it's only because they are all copying the exact same design. Or you don't have equipment that is sensitive enough to find the difference. And the vintage synthesizers naysayers who chimed in to all say the same thing... they...
  3. T

There's a reason why electronic artists go to pawn shops and flea markets to buy old synthesizer. A CPU can't emulate that sound. It can try, but it doesn't sound the same.
  4. T

How do we use aptx

True, it's not technically a losless format like Sony LDAC that can do 44.1 kHz, 16 bits losless. But, it's a HUGE but, AptX Adaptive can do 16/24 bit-depths at 44.1, 48, and 96 kHz. That basically means you can theoretically do more than twice CD sampling rate, which should be better than even...
  5. T

Wow, I stumbled up this thread, because I'm trying to find a DAC/amp for my desktop speakers. And oh, boy. Trust me, as a computer scientist, there's more than one way to skin a cat. And there's a million ****** ways any developer could have written a DAC to work. And then there's a million...
  6. T

How do we use aptx

You probably mean aptX HD / aptX Lossless. Yes, most new phones should support it now, because Qualcomm open sourced the format. Anything with Snapdragon or high end phone is going to have it for Android. Apple won't use open formats, only their own bullshit. The problem is you need the device...
Top Bottom