Recent content by Tortie

1. Tortie

Windows audio stuttering

Dude, I have 32gigs of DDR4 in my win box and the Qobuz app still has stutter issues. It's not a memory resource problem.
  2. Tortie

Windows audio stuttering

Qobuz seems to lack a built in thread priority management. I can find such a setting in the advanced settings for Foobar2K. This is a pretty big oversight for an audio app.
  3. Tortie

Windows audio stuttering

Hope that's the case. Qobuz support has disappointed me in the past by assuring me an issue would be taken of but nothing ever happens.
  4. Tortie

Windows audio stuttering

Are you sure it works with Win10? Because I installed a similar app that claimed to permanently set priority and it simply didn't work.
  5. Tortie

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

You could use 3M fasteners (interlocking tape) to secure the bottom of the amp to the shelf or desk underneath. This is an inexpensive and reversible solution.
  6. Tortie

Fiio A5 Portable Headphone Amp Review

Hang on to your A5. One of the online repair shops that handle battery replacement service for sealed phones and wireless bluetooth headphones might be willing and able to replace the battery in the A5 for you. I should have pursued that option before attempting to do it myself and breaking the...
  7. Tortie

xDuoo XA-10 Review (DAC and Headphone Amp)

I suspected this company was fudging on their posted specs and it turns out that's the case. Wolf already tested their flagship portable amp and it's measurements were bad too.
  8. Tortie

Schiit Jotunheim 2 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

You're so observant ;) How about some crude metrics? Just checked Head-fi for the "Impressions" threads for the Magni, Asgard, and Jot. The Magni line has 194 pages of comments vs 134 for the Asgard 3, and 82 for the Jot 2. If anything these numbers understate the skew because the HF crowd buys...
  9. Tortie

Hidizs S9 Review (Headphone Adapter)

Looks like a cool device. Still got my LG phone so I'll keep hidizs in mind when I retire it.
  10. Tortie

You do not need a Jot to drive the HD650. This sounds like a sales pitch and with the qualifiers you listed, it's not a compelling one at that.
  11. Tortie

Does Schiit have you on retainer? Because you be defending them and attacking other ASR members an awful lot.
  12. Tortie

Companies sometimes continue to make products that don't sell well if they help cultivate a certain brand image the company desires. Discreet audio is technically dumb and outdated but it still has traction in audiophile circles. Maybe you should do some research such as watching the video tour...
  13. Tortie

Based on the measurements posted I think Amir was too charitable with his final assessment and recommendation. Even the Schiit fans at SBAF seemed bemused. Even without taking into account bang-for-buck which puts the Jot in a more negative light, the measurements here are simply unimpressive...
  14. Tortie

I would guess Schiit still makes the Asgard and Jot just to placate their small but vocal hardcore fan base at SBAF and HF. I would assume that the Hearsay and Magnius units have much more sales volume then these archaic discreet designs as well as higher profit margins.
  15. Tortie

Portable Headphone amp recommendation

Heck no to all three suggestions :facepalm:
Top Bottom