Recent content by TopQuark

1. T

Adam A5X Review (Powered Studio Monitor)

That's the trait of these speakers. They will reveal weakness along your chain. Are they new? If yes, give them time to break-in. I have mine over 10 yrs now. I used several combinations of DAC, steamers, cables, reconditioners, reclockers, etc. I quit on them so I purchased the KH120 and...
  2. T

It means your other components are not a good match - DAC, cables, streamers. If using USB, make sure there is galvanic isolation. That’s the biggest impact in my case to cause harsh sounding speakers. There is no need to dial down the high shelf adjustment at the back of the speakers if the...
  3. T

Audeze LCD-X Review (2021 Edition Headphone)

That might put a lot of pressure at point where the leather bends. This might be an easier mod: How to shorten the Audeze headband strap
  4. T

Rank studio monitors/active speakers you have heard

It's surprising how varied the preferences are. It's likely how they are used, the distance from where you are on the speakers, system chain, and type of genre one listens to. For jazz, new age, smooth jazz, and some pop and for desktop use, the following are my preferences so soundstage...
  5. T

I have mine for over 10 years now. I clean the case regularly with mild soap. They still look brand new today. These are very good speakers. They are very picky on what DAC or streamer you are using though. They easily expose faults in your chain and reveal wonderful sound if using the...
  6. T

Audeze LCD-24 Review (Headphone)

That looks interesting. Audeze meze edition for $6,000 MSRP? Introductory sale for $1,500.
  7. T

Audeze LCD-24 Review (Headphone)

Now that the 2021 LCD-X review is out, I can't wait to see the LCD-4 and LCD-4z review. Battle of the headphones with the lowest THD?
  8. T

Audeze LCD-X Review (2021 Edition Headphone)

Before taking out the punch hole, ask someone to check the gap while the headphone is on your head. It may touch the metal (or carbon) band when not worn but there is a good chance there is still adequate gap while worn.
Top Bottom