Recent content by tonyo123

1. T

Best wireless ear buds

Anker Soundcore Space A40 are very very good and can run 7-8 hours. Very customizable via its app. Their fit depends on the silicon tip. For higher fidelity, I use also use Qudelix 5K with Etymotic ER4XR IEMs. These give you a secure fit, superb sound quality, the combo is great for riding and...
  2. T

Did You Buy Based On Amir's Review?

Yes, DAC.
  3. T

Billie Eilish

Maybe there is distortion added to specific instruments (like bass guitar) during the mixing and that would be intentional. But, compressing to clipping adding distortion is a result of the mastering - likely the record producers wanting it to play loud. Unfortunately, this affects the entire...
  4. T

Billie Eilish

She and her brother are great artists. The music is melodic, clever, complex at times, with excellent rhythm and beat. They add great sound effects whether its their added voices or samples. There's stuff in some of the songs that when you think you hear it, you have to go back and check that...
  5. T

Ohm Walsh Speakers

Would think the bass on those double Ohm Fs would get a bit boomy.
  6. T

Billie Eilish

I think the CD will be very similar, but, I admit I would need to listen to it. LPs are typically rendered with more dynamic range and little or no clipping. Maybe someone with the album or LP can plot those (waveform) for comparison. These plots clearly show the clipping as they are pegged to...
  7. T

Billie Eilish

Here you go: The 'Happier Than Ever' title track is the example you indicate. The album is DR5, the song DR3: Here is the waveform showing compression and clipping especially over last 40% of the song: For comparison, here is Diana Krall Avg Album DR14 and song DR15.: Here is this...
  8. T

Billie Eilish

I hear it on home system and see the waveforms in real time (foobar2000 waveform seek). I use DR Meter. Not streaming. At a later time I will post the jpgs from some of the songs which clip and also the title track which you reference.
  9. T

Ohm Walsh Speakers

I'll never forget in the mid-late 70s walking into the basement showroom of Tech Hi-Fi in Cambridge, MA by Harvard Square: Ohm F's were playing Steely Dan's 'Rickie Don't Lose that Number'. Great song, great speakers, great demo and it was playing loud enough that it drew me in from the street...
  10. T

Billie Eilish

I like the music as it is maturing toward a more jazzy sound. However, I still like her EP and first album better, but, have listened to 'Happier then Ever' only a few times - still very good. What she and her brother are doing with the close mike is very good. However, what bothers me about...
  11. T

Did You Buy Based On Amir's Review?

Yes: Khadas Tone Board No: KEF LS50, prior B&W N803 (not reviewed)
  12. T

What headphone(s) do you own ?

I rated them #2 due to use (with a closed back they don't disturb my wife while in bed) and because they are really a reference Harman curve headphone, Very neutral sound. Great buy. Same with the Etys, which, I use also during exercising. All of my headphones are now Harman Curve equalized via...
  13. T

Will an amp upgrade make an audible difference?

No, won't make an audible and, likely, testable difference. You are set for life as far as your amp is concerned. Great investment. PS...we have amps with similar specs: Anthem MCA 5 - 5-Channel Amplifier, 200w @ 8 ohms, 350w @ 4 ohms.
  14. T

What headphone(s) do you own ?

In order of preference: 1. Philips Fidelio X2/27 2. AKG K371 3. Etymotic Research ER4XR 4. Etymotic HF5 5. 1More Triple Driver 6. Stax SR-84 Pro 7. Grado SR-80
  15. T

[POLL] Hi-res music

We agree although 'highly valid' = 99.9% certaincy that it is compressed with clipping to please the ipod>iPhone crowd (exclude much classical and jazz). Portable and loud have been the objectives of mastering for the last two plus decades. I'm of the belief that every recording should come out...
Top Bottom