Recent content by TomW

1. T

sound stage in headphones

Soundstage is mostly related to volume, the louder the sound the bigger the soundstage. Some headphone amps have a sligth dynamic compression to the sound so it is easier to listen louder. Happens with tube amps a lot, or multibit dacs. Same for headphone, if you find a frequency response that...
  2. T

Neumann NDH 30 Review

Hi @Cuckoo Studio thanks for this very nice review! In your HD600 review you mentioned slightly soft transients for the HD600 and I wonder how you feel about the transient response of the NDH30 and the dt900 pro X compared to the HD600? The NHD30 and the dt900pro X seem to be some of the best...
  3. T

Best battery powered headphone amp (NO DAC)?

I like the Meier Audio Corda Quickstep. Fantastic volume control and build quality. 4mm aluminium front and backplate and thick aluminium case. It works with 9V batteries or separate psu. Enough volume for HD650/dt880, at least for my usecase. Rechargeable batteries give you 5 hours of use but...
  4. T

RAAL requisite CA-1a Headphone Review

What does this mean for real world headphone listening? I think you have a RME ADI 2 DAC FS and a HD650. I'd be glad if you could post your actual listening level for this combo. All DSP deactivated, auto ref level "on". With a recent popular pop music album from a CD. Something that's easily...
  5. T

What Headphones do not need (or scream for) EQ?

As far as I know the Romanian factory belongs to the pro-audio division of Sennheiser (the original Sennheiser) and the consumer Sennheiser (which was bought by Sonova) produces in Ireland. So the manufacturing of the HD6xy series went from Romania back to Ireland. I have a brand new HD660s...
  6. T

What Headphones do not need (or scream for) EQ?

I'm puzzled by your comment as the boxes and Senns website states these are made in Ireland? HD650 prices went up quite a bit this year from 349€ to 379€ real price. Sennheiser does control street price quite well and MSRP doesn't mean a lot. Drop also raised their prices for the HD6xx a bit.
Top Bottom