Recent content by tommassing

1. T

PC to pre/pro

This may be a stupid question, but does it matter how a PC is connected to a Preamp/processor as far as sound quality is concerned? For instance, I currently have a PC connected to an LG OLED C2 Evo television via HDMI. I then have an HDMI running from the TV to a Yamaha CX-A5200. I typically...
  2. T

How to improve dynamics? Transients and punch.

I mean, those are super cool, but I'd need to buy a bigger house. A big reason as to why I bought the B&W 704s is because of their smaller footprint. Even my Forte I wouldn't fit my room without a fair bit of effort. I could go tall, but wise is an issue.
  3. T

I was going to ask you about the graphic equalizer, where would you look for something like that?
  4. T

Do you have a particular speaker or brand in mind?
  5. T

Awesome. Thank you. I'll have some time to fiddle around with this later this week. I'll post results.
  6. T

I agree. I have a pair of Klipsh Forte I in my basement/ping pong system lol. They are crazy dynamic and the soundstage is superb, but they sound a little thin. Do you have any recommendations for horn loaded speakers?
  7. T

I think that is a great idea. I know I'll upgrade at some point, but it probably won't be until late next year. We did a significant home remodel that tapped us out for a bit. I'm not entirely unhappy with my current setup, frankly, it's the nicest setup I've ever had. I'm just trying to...
  8. T

Should all values be "PK" in the drop dwn menu?
  9. T

I'm not sure what that is Sweet! I'm going to try this on Thursday when I've got some free time. Thank you.
  10. T

What do you mean to no avail? I've taken everyone's advise very seriously and I very much appreciate the input. The reality is I'm not in the market for new speakers right now. I'm also not going to buy room treatments, but I was interested in what GIK had to say given the measurements. We...
  11. T

No, these things were done individually in an objective sort of way, taking measurements at each step. Ive sent off measurements and a scale drawing of my room to GIK acoustics for their assessment on treatments. It seems their only real advise is to treat first reflection points on my ceiling...
  12. T

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this post over the last week, life got busy for a moment. So, I've done a few things to improve dynamics and transient attack. I've fiddled around with crossovers a little bit. I had my low end crossover set at 60hz before. This allowed my B&Ws to play...
  13. T

I understand why one would turn bass down in the tone controls, but why set the volume trim at -6db?
  14. T

Yes, they are. Once I started reading the review it became clear it wasn't a review for my speakers. I've still never really found any comprehensive review of my speakers anywhere. I bought these speakers after listening to them at the Listen Up showroom in Boulder CO. I liked their...
Top Bottom