Recent content by Tobi

1. T

Hifiman Edition XS

If you have a smallish head, I would recommend you get the Ananda. I have the Edition XS and a smaller head too, it's comfortable but could definetely use more clamp force to stay on my head more secure. When leaning forward, the headphone slides a bit in that direction too. So not optimal...
  2. T

KZ ZSX IEM Review

Interesting to see such "low" mid frequency distortion in a BA IEM (apart from that resonance of course). All the BA IEM's measured here had way more distortion in the ~1000-5000 Hz Range. Given KZ's history, this makes me wonder how much sound those BA drivers actually produce lol
  3. T

Hidizs MP145 planar IEMs

Looks very interesting. My letshuoer S12 planars IEM's definetely blew my mind, especially now that I figured out a good EQ for them. Will wait for some reviews and measurements though.
  4. T

Pads + balanced signal for Sundara

Hi Ole, The Dekoni Velour Pads seem to slightly reduce the upper treble on a lot of hifiman headphones, although I can only find actual (frequency response) measurements for the eggshaped hifimans (Ananda, Edition XS, Arya, ...) Don't know how comparable these results are to the Sundara with...
  5. T

Hifiman Edition XS bass rattling?

@ OP You can try to shine a light at the inside of the ear cups, then watch from the side. if there is any light shining through between the headphone cups and your earpads, it might indicate one pad does not seal properly... Or, in another way: My Edition XS has also been crackling in one cup...
  6. T

BASS!

7. T

Hifiman Edition XS

Do you have any thoughts on sound differences between the Edition XS and the Arya, so far? In other words, how would you describe their differences apart from tonality?
  8. T

Hifiman Edition XS

The only real difference between the L30 and L50 is the option to run balanced, which should solve potential ground loops and provides you a lot more power. Regarding sound, there won't be any audible difference. For the Edition XS you certainly don't need the extra power of the L50, I rarely...
  9. T

Hifiman Edition XS

Have you tried sweeping the bass frequencies with a tone generator? If not, try something like this : https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/ You can go up and down and listen for strange behavior. Be careful with your volume though, especially at higher frequencies.
  10. T

Hifiman Edition XS

I don't own the Arya so I can't compare them sound wise, but in my opinion the headband structure of the Edition XS is really not the best, it's just very loose and moves around really easily. I have a small to medium size head. Don't get me wrong, it's not uncomfortable but just a little more...
  11. T

Hifiman Edition XS

Even if those relatively small numbers are correct, with 18 Ohm Headphones, every increase in output impedance matters quite a bit. I'm also no expert on these topics, but if I'm correct you're losing around 1/18th of your available power into that 1 Ohm resistance when using SE out. On BAL out...
  12. T

Hifiman Edition XS

Is this measurement comparable to Amirs Ananda distortion measurement at 94dB, the one with the 40dB threshold? If so, the distortion (above 1kHz) should be a little higher on the XS compared to the Ananda, or am I wrong ? I know the discussion on audibility of distortion and its influence...
  13. T

Downgrading my Headphone Collection

Hm I dont really know if youre on the right track.... Sure, the point of diminishing return kicks in quite early with headphones, but since you already have really good cans, you get a "reverse point of diminishing returns". You sell good gear for less money than what you paid for it and have to...
Top Bottom