Recent content by Toast

1. T

PC Audio Setup Help

Yes, I think so - thank you all for the great help!!!
  2. T

PC Audio Setup Help

Ordered Sound BlasterX, and haven't need a mic input but nice to have. Yes, my 6.5" subs amp is working. Specs: 250 WATTS PEAK POWER - Integrated high efficiency power amplifier, 30 - 250 Hz with 96dB at 8ohm, Auto ON/OFF and 0 - 180 degree Phase control switches, Gain and 50 - 150 Hz...
  3. T

PC Audio Setup Help

Thank you for elaborating, I ordered a Sound BlasterX G6 and will put my efforts into speakers now. Will also expand my options toward a bigger speakers that 'go to 40 hz' and mounting or using stands to put on my desk. If I'm understanding this should eliminate the need for a sub. Ease of...
  4. T

PC Audio Setup Help

Seems like that might be geared toward gaming. I am more interested in music, flamenco, blues, rock, jazz.
  5. T

PC Audio Setup Help

I'm in the corner of a 12' x 14' room. Thank you sweetchaos Did you calibrate them - This article was recommending Focus Fidelity Software but haven't gotten that far yet? Did you add a sub, in that thread someone used a Eris SUB8 with balanced TRS. Didnt know sub's were balanced, feel like...
  6. T

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Apologies didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers. I recently started reading and trying to figure out these measurements and how they translate to the 'value' of a DAC. This all started two years ago when i watched a youtube video and they said, hey this DAC is a great value. The logic of a DAC...
  7. T

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Apologies for that statement re-read the thread and "lied about their specs" is not accurate. What they are stating, if im understanding correctly is not to base a conclusion on just specs: You aren't losing your mind...LOL As I have just found out first hand, measurements do little more than...
  8. T

PC Audio Setup Help

Thank you sweetchaos for the the suggestions and the great thread - still going through it and getting great info. I have looked at several of those speakers and like the idea of getting rid of my sub/amp but ruled most out due to size. It's hard to fit them and large monitor on my standup desk...
  9. T

PC Audio Setup Help

I've been enjoying the below setup for many years but recently my DAC has stopped outputting power equally which has lead me down the rabbit hole of 'Audio Science'. Normally I would just replace my DAC to keep my setup alive but my birthday is coming and family insists I replace and/or simplify...
Top Bottom