Recent content by TNT

1. TNT

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

I will see to that there is no hesitation if I present facts or opinions in the future... I thought it was quite clear... but one can always improve. //
  2. TNT

Proof... not that will stand up in court. But, it is more of a reasoning (speculation if you will...) from my side over the subject, taking my experiance and knowledge into the mix. Either you don't "think" I have a case or you know for a fact that I don't or, you might think that the reasoning...
  3. TNT

The multitone used here is like wiggling the steering wheel a bit - in addition I would like to see some real brutal turns... i.e. a 3 tone test, say; 40Hz + 1k + 8k. Using 10 or 20 tones, each has too low individual level to my liking... 3 would probably be the most taxing I believe. The SMPTE...
  4. TNT

OK - I'll accept the Strict Limits - they seem fine. But they are all steady state, i.e. a continuous tone measurements which I think could be a problem. A little like evaluating a car and not do any quick turns... If you feel contempt with that the presented measurements and stimuli is...
  5. TNT

So, what did you do to them? //
  6. TNT

So, in fact, it's the ultimate DAC? No one needs any better? How do you know this for sure? (Serious question...) //
  7. TNT

thomann t.racks DSP 4x4 Mini Review

Hi! I'm using this in a small portable song PA application (mono). The singer wants "reverb"... would it be possible to duplicate the input and send an attenuated and delayed version to one of the extra input and mix that with the mic input, or will the just end up in a big oscillating...
  8. TNT

Juson Audio JTA35 Tube Amplifier, DAC & HP Amp Review

Once at amirm - there should be no going back I think... //
  9. TNT

Coaxial Active Speaker Build

@IPunchCholla - how is this going? Do you like the LaVoce driver? //
  10. TNT

Shield SMSL SU-1 Powersupply (Nvidia Shield?)

Could be - just reported what I experienced. That the test by amir was done with a dirty PC is not a really an argument - maybe the bench performance would have been even better with really clean power? I'm totally for measurements and would never buy anything that doesn't measure really well -...
  11. TNT

Shield SMSL SU-1 Powersupply (Nvidia Shield?)

I have evaluated subjective SQ using: 1) IKEA usb wall-blob (5€) 2) IKEA usb wall-blob + LT3045 stab (on the verge of drop out....) 3) IKEA powerbank 4) Meanwell smps + RCRC filter + filter + LT3045 stab I found the differences quite big. I preferred them as (first best): 4,3,1,2 It seems it...
  12. TNT

Standards for Audio Electronics Measurements?

For sending in a unit to begin with or what? //
  13. TNT

S.M.S.L. SU-1 Dac listening fatigue, headache.

Compared to SU-6, the SU-1 is like silk gloves :) //
  14. TNT

3e Audio TPA3255 Amplifier Kit 480-1-29A Review

The only thing that can be measured wrt. an amplifier is that it reproduced the input exactly + some gain. How your system would sound with such an amplifier in the chain is anybody's guess. And if it existed and was present in your system driving your speakers it would not mean that the sound...
Top Bottom