Recent content by tlr

1. T

And I present the Khadas Atom...

I just wanted a self-contained unit I could easily bring to work. I'm planning on wiring the RCA jacks internally so I don't need the RCA cables sticking out the sides (and I'll probably get a right-angle USB cable)
  2. T

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

Nice. I did a similar thing but I didn't want to give up the RCA connectors so I left them on and drilled holes in the side of the Atom case (if I change my mind a piece of electrical tape over the holes should be sufficient). I plan on doing the internal wiring soon to get rid of the cables.
  3. T

Making a Case/Enclosure for the Khadas Tone Board

I got the board out (which is necessary to add internal wiring to the DAC, since the contacts for the RCA jack are on the bottom). It wasn't easy. You need either: 1. remove the translucent white plastic piece behind the knob (held on by glue) and carefully bend the front and rear of the case...
  4. T

Already posted in another thread: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/making-a-case-enclosure-for-the-khadas-tone-board.5054/page-5#post-157830
  5. T

Yeah, I’m considering that. I was thinking about putting in a DPST switch to allow using the Atom or Tone Board independently, just in case. Or could I just power off one or the other with no loss in quality?
  6. T

Probably, but I tried for about 30 seconds before I got impatient and gave up.
  7. T

Nah, this is a Khadas Atom...
  8. T

Speaking of Atom, my "case" for the Khadas Tone Board is a JDS Atom... Required tools: * Torx T10 driver * Drill with 5/32" and 1/2" bits * Utility knife * Printed copy of one of the Tone Board templates from...
  9. T

How common is "jitter suppression" in DACs?

How’s this different from what the RME ADI-2 does (mentioned in my original post)?
  10. T

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

It's unlikely you'll receive it by Feb 17. Email I received from them a week ago:
  11. T

Review and Measurements of Wireworld Starlight 7 USB Cable

Is the difference purely due to analog noise rather than issues in the digital domain (corrupted packets, jitter)?
  12. T

How common is "jitter suppression" in DACs?

A common argument I've seen against SPDIF, especially optical TOSLINK, is they sometimes use the incoming data as the clock source, which could potentially have a lot of jitter depending on the source, compared to asynchronous USB DACs which use an internal clock. But I also know some DACs...
  13. T

Do USB Audio Cables Make A Difference?

Am I correct that the arguments around USB cables can be broken down into 3 parts: 1. jitter: this should be a complete non-issue in properly designed asynchronous USB DACs, correct? 2. corrupted data: USB packets have a CRC so this should be easily detectable. It would be neat if DACs showed...
  14. T

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

I'd love to know if anyone can reproduce this result in a blind AB test. The measurements at the beginning of this thread were done using USB and it performed very well.
  15. T

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

There are 4 Torx (I think) screws under the rubber feet on the bottom. Remove them and the top will come off.
Top Bottom