Recent content by Thiuda

1. T

Powerful Dongle DAC with Mic In

Sure you will find negative ratings for every product. I don’t think the GO Blu is bad, but without saving mode for the battery I would not recommend to use this plugged in all the time. I want to use the device a lot plugged into my work notebook, therefore the GO Blu was ruled out. Seeing...
  2. T

The GO Blu has multiple issues which are a dealbreaker for me. There is no companion App for Setup. Therefore there is also no option to check the Battery or activate a battery safe mode. I read about multiple Users with Battery failure all across the different platforms. This device is not...
  3. T

Even though the Onyx is slightly better in detail and soundstage (unbalanced) I just ordered the Qudelix 5k. It is just too convenient to not own one... :p Now I am shopping for balanced cables... :facepalm: Thanks for the nice discussion and suggestions
  4. T

Why the hate for Grado?

I really like my sr325x, the new x-line is quite good and has far more low end then before. I like the openness and they are very easy to drive. Comfort can be improved by bending the headband to a good fit. Open the cups (hairdryer) clean the hot glue mess, replace the horrific cables with...
  5. T

With high impedance Headphones the Qudelix works nearly as good as the Onyx, i dont have to push it as hard. I have to say the convenience of walking around with a BT Dongle is tempting. The App is fantastic, even without heavy PEQ usage the app is a great piece of software. This little device...
  6. T

@staticV3 You have been right about the Qudelix output power. Today i tested the Qudelix of a colleague for a little while against the Onyx. First of all i really like the Build, the metal clamp and form factor works. It is considerably less powerful with low impedance Cans (Single ended), i...
  7. T

Hello, i now had the Creative SXFi Amp and the THX Onyx here over the weekend. Both get plenty loud with inefficient lower impedance Cans like modded T50RPs. The Creative has a little bit more power with high impedance Cans, i wish the Onyx had this too, it is borderline (No Headroom). Sadly...
  8. T

Thanks, I might use it for slight adjustments, i am not against EQing in general. I added this to the list for people searching something similar in the future. Most of the dongle DACs will provide 14mW @300Ohm, thats not enough to power some of my cans and i like to have some headroom on top...
  9. T

Back to topic... I ordered the x-fi AMP yesterday for 66$, I think that is a bargain for: Solid Alumium design Physical Buttons Seperate volume control 19mW @ 300Ohm 121mW @ 33Ohm 101db Sinad Mic in Build in EQ (10band) X-Fi Surround for Movies and Games I Hope it performs as i anticipate...
  10. T

This would be a boring place to live, but even then I would have at least 4 Headphones: Stax electrostatic (L700 and upwards) I just love their transient response Open Back Closed Back with good isolation A Headphone i can leave in the office without worries First of all Sound, but also...
  11. T

It wasn’t the best metaphor i give you that, but you got the point. I have several Headphones, each with specific strength and weaknesses. I like each of them for what they are and often I pick a headphone by mood or genre I want to listen to. I don’t see the point in collecting a lot of...
  12. T

Thanks for the feedback, completely missed this DAC for some reason. For now I see no benefit in the Onyx over the X-Fi
  13. T

I like all my headphones for different reasons, I don’t want to match them all against the same target. As I don’t want to blend every whisky or wine to the same taste, that is absolutely pointless in my opinion. I am with you for small blemishes, reduce some sibilance or raise some Bass...
  14. T

While browsing the reviews here I was stumbling across the Creative X-FI Amp. It seems to check all boxes, quite powerful, very clean output and mic in. On top it is sold for only 60€ ~ 66$ now. I can use it for music and phonecalls at work. With X-FI also for Movies and Games on my personal...
  15. T

Ok, I will think about it. I don’t need the EQ though, I am using ROON and I don’t like to EQ my Headphones to hard. Headphones loose all their charm I bought them for in the first place, if they all got matched to Harman… it’s kind of pointless Why should I want everything to sound the same...
Top Bottom