Recent content by Thespeech

1. T

DAC Measurements

I feel like if you're worried about 0.000001V worth of difference in the signal you shouldn't listen to music anywhere other than a sealed climate-controlled clean room. Humidity and microscopic dust particles on the surface of whatever electrical connectors you're using probably give you more...
  2. T

What are the best headphone for mixing/mastering under $1000?

Seconding the LCD-X; it is at least one of those headphones that people have made a considerable effort to promote as being a very good option to mix on and break the 'only studio monitors' idea. Sonarworks provides a profile for this that is supposed to approximate flatness, but Audeze has not...
  3. T

Are DCA Noires that hard to drive ?

I would also think you should look at the power calculator here with the Noire's stats (92dB/1mW, 13 ohms) https://www.headphonesty.com/headphone-power-calculator/ You'll see that there is a sharp ramp starting from 115 dB (200 mW) to 120 dB (631 mW), and then you need another 400mW for a...
  4. T

Are DCA Noires that hard to drive ?

I've owned a pair of the Aeon Noire for a month now and I'm pretty happy with it. I use a Topping NX7 connected to a BC3 to drive it (the NX7 outputs up to 1200mW at 16 ohms, while the Noire is 13 ohm). Technically on the lowest gain for the NX7 (-13.8dB, I don't know how that translates to...
Top Bottom