Recent content by TheMarshal

1. TheMarshal

Elac Uni-Fi 2.0 Review (bookshelf speaker)

FYI: Andrew Jones is active from time to time in the ELAC Owners group on Facebook. I assume if someone posts the review there, maybe an official answer could be given. ;)
  2. TheMarshal

JBL 306P MK II Review (Studio Monitor)

I have the MR624 in my secondary setup. I am really curious to see how they end up measuring. Subjectively, I love them. o_O Although, it will be awesome if either the manufacturer or some of the forum members can send them to Amir that will be awesome.
  3. TheMarshal

Schiit Modi 3+ Review (Stereo DAC)

Honestly, both of you are right in some way. My opinion is that you shouldn't take only the SINAD score as the main motivator, you should go through the other measurements too before making a decision. The word "musicality" is very subjective though. For some of us, it can mean that it should...
  4. TheMarshal

Rega Fono MM MK3 Phono Preamp Review

I have been told Mo-Fi's SACD releases are still good. Personally, I listened to early SACD rips that I found on torrent websites. They did sound better than the streaming versions. It's a lot of hustle to create a proper playback of DSD. Yes, it all depends. In many cases, when they do is for...
  5. TheMarshal

Exactly - and then we have people who don't realize that and say "HI-RES is the way to go, you Tidal peasants." or "VINLY IS THE BEST, ANALOG SOUNDS BETTER!". It all breaks down to how well the song has been mastered. :)
  6. TheMarshal

Personally, for me, the fact that the tracks are digitally mastered and then transferred to vinyl doesn't change much. Everything breaks down to the mastering. Loudness War aside, it's highly likely for labels to put more effort into mastering for vinyl, as usually, audiophiles buy vinyl - and...
  7. TheMarshal

That's very true, HOWEVER, in the past two decades, the engineers used heavy compression when mastering the songs - just to make them sound louder. Thus, killing the dynamic range. So theoretically, I am saying just theoretically, in such cases the vinyl can have more dynamic range than a CD. If...
  8. TheMarshal

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

Guys, am I trippn' or do the DT770 Pro (32-ohm version) really sound that bad on the DX7 Pro? AKG K702, HD6xx and DT770 80ohm sound perfect though. Might be just me. :facepalm:
  9. TheMarshal

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

JDS' customer service is out of this world. However, ShenzenAudio and Topping have awesome customer support too. I was thinking the same as you, but I was wrong. :)
  10. TheMarshal

Dynaudio LYD 5 Studio Monitor Review

I said this, that I had directly compared the LYD-48 with the KH310! Also, I did say that I am a bit biased as I am a Dynaudio fan. @KaiserSoze just replied that indeed, LYD-48 has great value. You are putting this dude out of context.
  11. TheMarshal

I did audition the LYD-48 at one of my local dealers. They did sound amazing to me, although consider this a very biased opinion as I am kinda a fan of Dynaudio. What I love the most about them is the specious soundstage they create. I split tested them with the Neumann KH310 (which is also an...
  12. TheMarshal

The regular BM5. https://www.dynaudio.com/professional-audio/classic-bm-range/bm5-mkiii
  13. TheMarshal

Does anyone know if there are any measurements of the BM5 MK3? I couldn't find anything about it. It's a solid deal here in Europe at 800E for a pair. However, there is not much data nor discussion about it on the internet. I already own it, however, I do like to see data and compare it with...
  14. TheMarshal

Topping E30 DAC Review

Yeah, me too. E-d is an indicator of product failure and that the device can't work properly anymore. On another note, Topping informed me that with some powered speakers from Genelec mostly (and Dynaudio mine) the E30 can't turn them on from a standby mode, without resetting the E30. I decided...
Top Bottom