Recent content by TheM

1. TheM

Scarlett 2i4 2nd gen | Win 10 | ASIO | Mic Input and too much GAIN

When I record my vocal, and gain knob on Scarlett is below clipping, on about 30% - 40% of maximum, and in Reaper that will be somewhere around -20dbfs on peak meter, recorded vocal sounds overgained. Some frequencies are slightly distorted, too much harmonics. Even if I turn down gain knob more...
  2. TheM

One more thing I realized, is when I record vocal trough Focusrite Scarlett ASIO driver, no mather what gain I set, microphone will catch too much sound of the room, too much of all noises around me. But, when I uninstalled and removed Focusrite device and drivers, and I let Windows to set his...
  3. TheM

@JohnYang1997 Hi John Yang, thank you for response. I can turn gain down on Scarlett 2i4 interface with gain knob, and I tried that, I lowered gain, like you did, to about 20% - 30%. And after I record vocal, when I turn up volume of the track I recorded in Reaper, it still sound like it was...
  4. TheM

The new global wave of ethnic music

"Support each other, borrow from each other...Giving and receiving from each other...Respect each other..." What they both said in this video is the UNIVERSal message which most people on this beautiful Earth do not want to receive. Edit: Not most people, I do not want to sound pessimistic...
  5. TheM

Unusual uses of musical instruments

This men blew my mind first time I heard this sounds.
  6. TheM

Unusual uses of musical instruments

Svetlost središta (or on english, something like The Omphalos Light) All music is pure improvisation played on the sculptures, acoustic sculptures created by artist Vladimir Labat.
  7. TheM

@Blumlein 88 Thank you very much for the welcome. Phantom is On, the problem I have is too much of gain. I tried with the Pad button, I only get volume down, but that gain is still there. Yes, I am maybe the one and only person on this beautilful Earth who have a problem with too much gain...
  8. TheM

The new global wave of ethnic music

Hi @lashto, and hi to all of you. Here are some of the artists from Serbia. First one is not strictly ethno, even he have some touches with ethno, but he is more World music. Boris Kovach Slobodan Trkulja | Balkanopolis Slobodan Trkulja feat Josipa Lisac Teofilovic Brothers feat Miroslav...
  9. TheM

P.S. maybe it can be important and I forgot to wrote my configuration. Threadripper 1950x Gigabyte x399 Aorus Gaming 7 rev 1 | fabric BIOS f2 Nvidia 1070 2x8gb RAM G.Skill zRGB 3200 MHz 14 SSD 512gb Samsung m.2 Nothing is overclocked.
  10. TheM

Hi to all of you, this is my first post and my first thread on this great forum, please forgive me if this post will be long and thank you very much for your attention, your time and patience. Even though I am not even close experienced in audio engineering and technical stuff like many of you...
Top Bottom