Recent content by thejck

1. T

Gustard X26Pro Review (Balanced High-end DAC)

i am using usb out of a pc to the x26. and roon brige. i didnt get any noise or pops. do you have a bad recording?
  2. T

Is there any place I can get DSD 512 if i want to test this? i have been able to find upto 256.
  3. T

What is the best value for money/cheapest DAC which measures well? £ for £ / $ for $ and lowest cost.

i have some points to spend at shenzenaudio. I want something cheap to use with my phone that only has usb-c Any thoughts on these? iBasso DC05 for 59 vs DD TC35 PRO for 79 vs DD TC35 PRO for 95 Honestly was leaning towards the cheapest since its for the car. Not sure if the extra dollars buy...
  4. T

when i contacted them on amazon. after the 30 day return period. they said the return shipping is to china for warranty purposes and the customers responsibility. Amazon also states to contact seller for warranty. so I am not sure if you can return it to amazon after the free return window is...
  5. T

Plex vs Roon

is there an exclusive mode setting in plex? i have used kodi on windows which is bit perfect and then used a kodi plugin called plexkodiconnect. you can setup to direct play where it streams the flac file directly off your samba share.
  6. T

Good way to stream Amazon Music HD to DAC

i had this issue using windows a year ago. I was hoping they had this fixed but it doesnt sound like it. The sample rate will stay at whatever you set your sound card too. So if you set it to 192 in windows then the dac will always show 192. As opposed to Tidal and Roon and even Foobar.. that...
  7. T

Gustard X16 Owners feedback...

over on the x26 pro thread it sounds like the new firmware goes in via USB from a PC?
  8. T

so mainly the issues where fixed via online support? nothing bad with build/components/boards etc?
  9. T

Anyone have a summary of the build quality issues that Gustard had. Found out that APOS quit carrying them due to higher than normal returns. Was it all firmware issues or are there issues with the boards/components that would require shipping back to China to resolve. Is Gustard worth the...
  10. T

Reading a bit more into Gustard after realizing that APOS dropped them due to quality issues. What's the consensus around here about buying these and dealing with defects? Do they fix most of the defects without having to ship the product back to China? Feels like the cost of return shipping...
  11. T

i usually have mine shup off and unplugged and only have it on about 2-4 hours while listening 1-2 times a week
  12. T

I really like the idea of this dac compared to the topping d90se. Just the engineering of it makes it slightly more appealing even if sonically I wont get much. I have waited more than 9 years to upgrade my old DAC so I know this will be it for a while baring problems. I am ok with the extra...
  13. T

Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 DAC/Streamer Official Thread

so no dac only devices are roon ready. just the ones with built in streamers.
  14. T

what does roon ready do for you? if the dac is recognized by the PC then you just go about setting it up in room right? is it necessary or just a safety thing?
  15. T

doesnt the original version of the xsabre supposed to be a DAC only? comparing apples to apples is the dac only version of it significantly better than the topping?
Top Bottom