Recent content by theglobalelite

1. theglobalelite

E1DA 9038D Review (portable DAC & Amp)

Heads up that E1DA devices do not work on most Apple devices updated to iOS 17. I have a few iPhones and iPads that worked with the 9038 series on iOS 15 and 16, and all ceased to work on iOS 17. Keep your iDevices on iOS 16 if it's important for E1DA devices to work for you with them.
  2. theglobalelite

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

Heads up that E1DA devices do not work on most Apple devices updated to iOS 17. I have a few iPhones and iPads that worked with the 9038 series on iOS 15 and 16, and all ceased to work on iOS 17. Keep your iDevices on iOS 16 if it's important for E1DA devices to work for you with them.
  3. theglobalelite

ifi iPurifier3 USB Filter Review

Seems like a useful tool of a bygone era.
  4. theglobalelite

KEF R3 Speaker Review

This is probably a silly question, but the floorstanding step-up model, the R5, is there any reason to assume it would perform any worse than the R3? Aesthetically I prefer the look of floorstanding speakers, so the R5 looks to be the next best option, but not sure how much going from bookshelf...
  5. theglobalelite

Smallest possible amp for Dan Clark Aeons?

So finally got the Aeon Noires and can comment on my original question. The Lightning to 3.5mm Apple dongle just baaaarely squeaks by with the volume at 100%. If you like to listen at modest to low listening volumes, the dongle might actually be enough! I wanted a bit more power so I grabbed the...
  6. theglobalelite

5.1 for CS:GO

You're probably not going to gain a gameplay advantage since the Source's engine audio positioning has been terrible since... forever.
  7. theglobalelite

Would the HIDIZS S9 be able to drive it ok?
  8. theglobalelite

I'm considering a Drop Dan Aeon closed model and since they fold down I may want to travel with them, but my iPhone 12 Pro's Lightning to 3.5mm adapter probably won't be able to drive them well. I don't want to lug around a chonky amp the size of another phone. What's the smallest possible...
  9. theglobalelite

Nvidia Shield PCM over HDMI quality

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1630053358 The Shield is currently on Android 9, wonder if an update to Android 11 or 12 will help resolve this 16-bit limitation?
  10. theglobalelite

Audioquest Niagara 1200 Review (Power Conditioner/Surge Protector)

Is it possible these types of AC conditioning devices could have helped 80s or 90s era electronics? Sometimes things that start out life as a useful technology far outlive their welcome because of the juicy profit margins *cough* fax machines *cough*
  11. theglobalelite

MASSDROP X Focal ELEX Measurement #2

Just ordered a pair last week from drop and had them delivered on Wednesday, might still have some QC issues. Check out how the pads arrived. Right pad: Left pad: I was hoping all the wrinkles in the right pad were purely cosmetic, but the left pad is noticeably firmer, so the right pad...
  12. theglobalelite

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

When using Equalizer APO for system-wide EQ on Windows 10, what sample rate are most people using in the audio device settings?
  13. theglobalelite

Drop AKG K7XX Review (Headphone)

Definitely enjoy the soundstage of my K702s as well, even with their other flaws. I mostly drive HD6XX's and Sundaras, but sometimes I'll thrown the K702s for concert albums, as the 702s's wide soundstage complement that recording style nicely.
  14. theglobalelite

List of Amir's Headphone PEQ filters

What sample rate are most people using in Window 10 device settings? Since I want EqualizerAPO to EQ all media sources (Spotify, Tidal, YouTube, foobar2000, JRiver) then I need to use the system mixer.
  15. theglobalelite

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

MusicBee is pretty nice Windows music player that has a built-in 15-band EQ
Top Bottom