Recent content by terasankka

1. terasankka

Denafrips ARES II USB R2R DAC Review

Yes, that is what I meant. Maybe the Ares II is little bit "inaccurate" and that makes it sound less fatiguing. I have no clue what I am saying here as I am not technical enough on this topic - just trying to "brainstorm" why it sounds different to my Topping DACs.
  2. terasankka

Ares II is a R2R DAC. Maybe that has something to do with it.
  3. terasankka

I am running OS mode and it still sound less fatiguing. Might be placebo but I do not care. :D I also have the D30 and I had the D90 in a test. It makes no sense measurement wise, but both make me turn off the music after an hour of listening as my ears just get fatigued. The Ares II does not do...
  4. terasankka

What is your daily job ? ... any hobbies ?

I could not press the like button. :D well maybe a Q3 kickoff. We can always hope. :)
  5. terasankka

What is your daily job ? ... any hobbies ?

:D Hello - Lets hope we have a kickoff in 2021 and we can talk about HiFi and Guitars. :D
  6. terasankka

How to Get People Flying on the 737 Max

As a passenger. Yes, exactly this. I will not step into that abomination as a pilot nor a passenger.
  7. terasankka

How to Get People Flying on the 737 Max

I will not fly the 737 Max. I used to have commercial pilot license (not valid anymore) . There is too much "wrong" in that plane.
  8. terasankka

Why do people like/use Roon?

DSP for headphones usage. I can apply the Harman Curves to my headphones. The Qobuz integration and rich metadata.
  9. terasankka

DAC, Speaker and Headphone Amplifier Measurements page error

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?pages/Audio_DAC_Performance_Index/ seems to be broken... When I load that page it just downloads a zero bytes file that is named DACs and then it just tries to load the table forever. I have tried with Safari and Chrome. Does it work for others?
  10. terasankka

Review and Measurements of Bluesound NODE 2i Streamer

Only my ears... :D but they have zero value on this forum. :D It would be really interesting to get the mod measured. Unfortunately I live in Finland, so it is not practical to send my unit to Amirn from here.
  11. terasankka

So, that PSU mod that I linked might actually make difference, as it removes the not so good PSU from inside the Node 2i and replaces it with a card that enables to use an external PSU. This: https://pd-cf.com/product/bluesound-node-2-2i-upgrade-low-noise-psu-interface/ Well, I ordered one...
  12. terasankka

Yes, I have a Denafrips Ares II and a Topping D30, but I also use the Node 2i because it has good features. I wonder what causes harmonic peaks? This question is not actually only related to the Node 2i. If there are two DACs using the same DAC chip. Why can the other measure a lot worse than...
  13. terasankka

Yes, I know but this is not a "power cleaning unit" as such. this actually replaces the not so good PSU from inside the Node2i to a card where you can use an external powersupply, thus taking the noisy PSU further away from the inside of the unit. I was just wondering if that original PSU was on...
  14. terasankka

I wonder if this better PSU mod will make difference on the measurements? https://pd-cf.com/shop/
  15. terasankka

Review and Measurements of miniDSP SHD DAC, DSP And Streamer

I got this reply from miniDSP today to my question regarding the Roon-certification: "Thanks for your interest in our products. The SHD series is indeed undergoing Roon Certification. We hope to have great news in the coming weeks but unfortunately can't provide an exact date. Thanks for your...
Top Bottom