Recent content by tensor9

1. T

NAD M23

https://www.audioholics.com/amplifier-reviews/nad-m23-amplifier https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/nad-m33-streaming-amplifier-review.17302/ The M23 measures considerably better than the M33 (per Amir’s review). I got the M23 and absolutely love it. Matrix Element X...
  2. T

NC1200 module replacement

One channel went out in my Apollon NC1200 stereo amp. Apparently you shouldn’t leave these on all the time. It’s out of warranty. Apollon suspects it’s the amp module as opposed to the SMPS. Anyone know where I can get one of these States side? It’s like 350 euros from them. That or I have...
  3. T

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

I think just plugging my speaker wire into my amp "backwards" is even easier.
  4. T

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

There is an app called the "Speaker Pop" app on the Apple app store. You can download a file that plays correct-polarity test pulses and let the app listen, and it will tell you if it's in phase or out of phase. Sure enough, the damn phase is inverted. There is also a youtube video that has...
  5. T

DAC under 1500USD with top performance volume control

The test would empirically tell us about noise as well as distortion at different volume levels, which I think is most of what one would be worried about. Also, for integrated DACs (with separate preamp stages like the Matrix Element X with its resistor array), it would test the preamp stage as...
  6. T

DAC under 1500USD with top performance volume control

Excellent post, although I’m not following your bit ranges. But to underscore your general point, the 9038 Pro is a 32 but DAC, so that means we’re extra golden with digital attention even if a 24 bit signal? I really want to see measurements of SINAD in 5 or 10 dB increments, in volume...
  7. T

SMSL D400ES DAC Review

Seems like you’d have to do a SINAD measurement, reduce the volume, do another SINAD, repeat. Then graph the values manually.
  8. T

SMSL D400ES DAC Review

Ah, understood. How can we be sure that the AP’s digital attenuation is the same as the DAC’s?
  9. T

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

@amirm did you do a SINAD vs volume test?
  10. T

SMSL D400ES DAC Review

Little confused. If this is a SINAD vs volume plot, why is it labeled as max volume? And am I wring here’s, but isn’t the low level SINAD exceptionally good??
  11. T

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Why does this outperform their flagship DAC at a lower cost? Why would anyone buy the D90?
  12. T

Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 DAC/Streamer Official Thread

I noticed some weird distortion patterns and channel imbalance and want to verify it.
Top Bottom