Recent content by tecnogadget

1. tecnogadget

Kef R Meta Series Release

There isn’t any issue per se with the former Non Meta R series. As I pointe out before, it’s a refinement over something that worked already fine. As a rough and hypothetical example: if A speaker has 0.150% distortion over most of the working audio band, and you manage to lower it to 0.100%...
  2. tecnogadget

Not exactly. Its a more refined and clever way to absorbe backwaves in comparison to vented tweeter, plus its a patented and proprietary tech. The thing is that solely based on that upgrade, the difference between generations isn’t going to be pronounced. And the fault of that is that the...
  3. tecnogadget

Today is the day when I await the apologies :cool: of those incredulous who insinuated that I had photoshopped the scoop images that I so lovingly shared, 7 days before it was made public and without any other record at the time in specialized media, forums or Google searches. Even for me it...
  4. tecnogadget

Today was the world premiere of the new R Meta loudspeaker series. The interesting thing is that none of the audio and video media have commented yet, and KEF has not updated its website either. I got this insight from an installer on Barcelona And then got some extra pics from my dealer...
  5. tecnogadget

Exciting news from Onkyo and Pioneer: TX-RZ70/ VSX-LX705, TX-RZ9/VSX-LX905 = Auro 3D + DLBC!

Hello Flavio. Will it be possible to test ART via PC while I am alive ? I've been reading since 2018 about Bass Control and we are still waiting for it (fully functional)… I don't have children yet but for some strange reason I feel that they will enter college and I still won't be able to test...
  6. tecnogadget

KEF R3 Speaker Review

@holla All your points are valid. In this case it’s just that specific amp isn’t “stellar” by all metrics, not exactly the cleanest distortion numbers but still a really good amp considering the low price and versatility. You could even carry it on a regular coat pocket :p
  7. tecnogadget

KEF R3 Speaker Review

You can get all geeky and technical you want. But what impress me about this speakers is that it’s low sensitivity and impedance isn’t that important in “real life” as long the amp is “decent” (power and design). I’ve owned in the past 93dB speakers, and I’ve used this R3 paired with a cheap...
  8. tecnogadget

Does a 4 million taps FIR filter sound better than a 16K one? Let's find out.

I think the benefits of Acourate and Audiolense is that using high tap FIR filters you get a lot more correction at low frequencies (where you want to EQ do its magic). As far as I know, everything that runs Dirac and its not a PC uses very few taps because of lack of processing power and it...
  9. tecnogadget

Atmos finally decoded in PC/Mac

Dude, you must’ve mess up something with MadVr because im on a humble RTX 3060 and everything that “really matters” is on the high side or maxed out. And it only gets 60% to 80% of workload. I come from a GTX1070 mobile, and while it also allowed to tick all the important stuff, I had to make...
  10. tecnogadget

B&W 804 D4 review and measurements by Stereophile

I disagree with your logic, which has been tirelessly repeated in numerous threads by different users. Why? Because I think this is a classic causal fallacy, where the argument incorrectly concludes that a cause is related to an effect, in this case you think that because Abbey Road studio is...
  11. tecnogadget

Dirac Live standalone for PC and Mac

Ohh the endless Beta. Hopefully the day will come, in which I could test it playing Pink Floyd The Endless River :p
  12. tecnogadget

I’ve already seen that list of channel count from Dirac website, and there is something I never understood: Why 5.0/5.1/5.1.2/5.1.4 are supported but not 5.2 ? Meaning a standard 5 channel surround setup with 2 subwoofers.
  13. tecnogadget

Changing a tweeter good idea on a manufactured speaker?

If you have to ask if it’s a good idea…probably isn’t a good idea :p
  14. tecnogadget

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary speaker review & measurements by Erin's Audio Corner

I’ve seen a lot of fuzz for these Linton on some Facebook “audiophile” groups full of BS and A-Holes…and judging just by the looks and price I thought they were not going to be good… Ohh boy I was mistaken, never judge a book by its cover. Measurements don’t lie, these performs like champions...
  15. tecnogadget

More likely the never ending beta testing…how many engineers for maintaining phase and linearity for +2 subs are needed ? Ask Dirac haha
Top Bottom