Recent content by tdx

1. T

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

there has been some chatter that while the 3800 and 4800 will get ART along with the 6800, they will only get a pared down version and only the 6800 and up will get the full fat ART. This rumor seems fishy to me, any chance it can be checked? Thanks
  2. T

My first attempt at Dirac this morning (on the 3800)

Thanks I'll try it and see what's going on. Since I posted this message I reran a couple of calibrations more carefully and the center channel is somewhat better now, I only have to raise by 3db so the channels are not as imbalanced as before.
  3. T

My first attempt at Dirac this morning (on the 3800)

Dont mean to hijack this thread but I also ran a Dirac DLBC calibration on my new 3800H and i have a question for you kind folks. I have a less than ideal setup (living room, 7.4.4 Def Tech speakers) but I've always managed to make it work and sound ok. After getting the Denon and running Dirac...
  4. T

Need advice: Dirac with powered speakers

Hi everyone! I have a "sorta" 9.4.4 Def Tech BP9000 setup (BP9080 front towers w/Atmos modules, CS9080 center, BP9020 tower rears w/Atmos modules, SR9080 satellite surrounds). I know powered speakers with integrated subs are not popular around here but since my HT space is not ideal and I can't...
  5. T

Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 DAC/Streamer Official Thread

That's a valid point. Right now I'm trying to see if i can get a discount from a dealer on the Sabre 3, because otherwise i can get a second hand Atom for $1,000 less. So that's what complicates my decision. If they were closer in price I'd take the Matrix every time.
  6. T

Thanks that makes sense. That's what makes this so agonizing, is that it's so hard to choose a DAC vs say HPs or an amp where there are clear differences between price points. I'll keep researching and try to make the best decision!
  7. T

Thanks. Has anyone here compared the Naim Unity Atom vs the Matrix? It's about the same price but has a lot more functionality. But i have no idea if the DAC portion sounds as good as the Matrix
  8. T

Understood. Thanks so much for all this info, it's really helpful!
  9. T

One more question if you dont mind. You mention the Arcam streamer which is a DAC I wasnt aware of. I read up on it and it seems really nice! It seems to have almost all the functionality of the Sabre 3. In your opinion, any reason to get the Sabre for double the price? Thanks
  10. T

Good idea. Also, when you mention the D90SE, would you say it's a good a DAC as the Sabre? I know it's not a streamer, but Im wondering if the DAC part is as solid. Thanks
  11. T

ok thanks. Just wanted to make sure before I plunk down $3000.
  12. T

Really considering getting the Sabre 3 as it seems to be the best bang for the buck right now in the DAC/Streamer realm. But it's still a big chink of money, so I wanted to check, are there other streamer/DACs combos in this price range worth looking into? Especially when it comes to sound...
  13. T

Amp for Susvara?

Thanks this is very helpful! I actually decided to get an IDSD Pro as a DAC and a Burson Soloist as an amp, both were recommended for the Susvara. I'll try them once I get the HPs, hopefully it should be a good combo. Otherwise I'll def look at your other recommendations.
Top Bottom