Recent content by tbokris

1. T

iphone measurement app?

Is there an app that tests frequency response for the iPhone? I just want to see how low (approximately) a pair of speakers are going in my set up. It doesn't have to be *that* accurate.
  2. T

Advice between Kef R3 Meta or Buchardt S400 MKII ?

I don't have either and haven't had either. But was curious about both. KEF: Reading about how the shadow flare works itself out of the cabinet and has to be pushed back in left me thinking the design (which is beautiful) is not all that practical. Buchardt: I was concerned about the bass...
  3. T

Yamaha R-N2000A network receiver

I’m currently shopping for a new amp and only considering ones with a loudness switch or dial. It is essential for low level listening and I agree, no one gives it the respect it deserves. Every amp should have one
  4. T

Kef R Meta Series Release

All up in dat Audyssey
  5. T

NAD C658 Streaming DAC Review

Yes I had looked at that. The Mini DSP SHD doesn't have a phono stage, and i was planning on an external phono stage, but apparently the Lyngdorf one is quite good from what I've read.
  6. T

Good point, but for my needs, using the pre outs on the Lyngdorf, it can do what I want the NAD C 658 to do in terms of getting room correction into a system
  7. T

Thanks for the comments. Good to know. I don't know what SINAD sounds like and what it would be if I heard it (I looked it up). I too am looking at the NAD for the unique set of features it has. Looking at the Lyngdorf TDAI1120 also now, which is £500 more but does the same things I want the NAD...
  8. T

Thanks for letting me know. It's good to hear both sides
  9. T

Checking in with this thread, am I correct in thinking the c658 isn't very good still and issues havent been fixed?
  10. T

Buchardt S400 *MKII* Spinorama and measurements

Yes I noticed the flipped drivers. How that would effect near-field, other than paying more attention up/down positioning? Didn't Buchardt say they flipped the drivers for the s400 because they said it gave better time alignment? I don't see why they did that in one speaker and not in another if...
  11. T

Interesting. It's funny because most of the reviews of the s400s say they're not suitable for near-field, but then the a500 I've read the opposite, also perhaps because it has a specific 'near field' mastertuning?
  12. T

I see. The driver spacing is the same on the a500s, but that one can be used for near-field because the DSP compensates or something for this? I'm just trying to work out why those would be any different
  13. T

I'm curious as to why I keep reading that the s400s are not suitable to near-field. Is it because of the upside down woofer/tweeter? Are they any less suitable for near-field than any other 2 way bookshelf speaker? I don't understand.
Top Bottom