Recent content by Taxi

1. Taxi

FM, any listeners left?

I remember being very excited when I finally owned a receiver that could receive HD Radio stations. For example, the local AOR station here in Portland, KGON, had a second, ad-free, concert only station that I was really enjoying. I think this was around the 2007/8 time frame. Then a couple of...
  2. Taxi

When is a broken panther justified?

Anyone who makes a purchasing decision based on which porcelain figure was added to a review filled with exceptional scientific data, frankly, got what they deserved.
  3. Taxi

Emotiva BasX A-100 Review (stereo amplifier)

I'm sad to see this amp measure so badly. I've been using the older version for about 5 years, powering Axiom M80 speakers from an Integra DTC 9.8 processor, and I've never had any complaints about the sound. I doubt my older mini-x A100 measures too differently than this newer BasX, but who...
  4. Taxi

Videos vs. Articles

It seems to me that this thread/poll is a lot of bluster over nothing. As I write this, 77 votes have been cast, and well over a third of them are "I dislike videos, and like articles more." You don't like the videos? Fine, DON'T WATCH THEM. No one is forcing you to do so. And Amir has never...
  5. Taxi

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Koss KPH30iK $30 on Amazon. I own a pair and have been happy with the way they sound, however I must admit I haven't really done any critical listening with them yet. I would be interested to see how they measure.
  6. Taxi

BASS!

I've always been a big fan of the bass notes that start at the 1:00 mark of the Enya song "Watermark" from the album of the same name. "The Long Ships" from that same album also has some deep notes which I have heard others recommend in similar threads.
  7. Taxi

Are There Any Good Remasters?

I don't mean to be pedantic, but I think you mean "Are there any good remasters". I have several albums of remixes from my favorite artists that I enjoy. In some cases, I enjoy the remix more than the original.
  8. Taxi

buying an internet domain: help needed

Unless you like getting upsold to the max, I would avoid GoDaddy. I have a simple domain from Google (domains.google.com) and have been very happy with it.
Top Bottom