Recent content by Taralius

1. T

Monitor Audio Silver 500 7g

I found a kind of a deal on these and they will cost me more or less the same as a pair of R3 Meta. Shall I prefer them over the Kef's for a 35m2/85m3 open living room? Which would be their advantages in theory? (subwoofers will be added on both scenarios)
  2. T

Monitor Audio Silver 500 7g

I see some pictures of the speakers having a kind of a triangular shaped 'hat' on top of them(see attached photo), while this isn't there on other photos I find online. Does anybody knows what is this thing? Is it a kind of a removable aesthetic accessory? Thank you.
  3. T

Best approach to REW measurements + EQ (EqualizerAPO)

What I would like to know is: If I have a left single measurement and a right single measurement, do I have to: a) average the measurements, create the filters for the combined curve and include one correction file on eq app? or b) create a set of filters for left speaker, create another set of...
  4. T

Best approach to REW measurements + EQ (EqualizerAPO)

Julian on OP video is averaging all the individual speakers pair measurements before creating the filters and importing them to REW. I would like to do a bunch of Left and Right separate measurements around main listening position. At the end of the process I will find my self with 7X2=14...
  5. T

KEF R3 Meta woofer slightly damaged

They said they charge 50euros per labour hour and that their estimation is the repair will take them from 1 to 2 hours. Shipping the woofer to them will cost me 40euros. Count another 40euros for shipping the speaker back to me and you arrive to 500 hundred. Best case scenario will be 450...
  6. T

Thank you all for your feedback. Following your answers and my usage experience, it is clear to me that this little dent does not have any impact on sound reproduction. I still investigated the possibility to have it replaced by opening a ticket with KEF who headed me to their closest to me...
  7. T

Hello, Long time lurker firs time poster, unfortunately not for a good reason. The woofer of my Kef R3 Meta had a little accident(see attached photo). It is a tiny dot which does not bother me aesthetically and also does not seem to have an effect on my sound. I consider sending the speaker...
Top Bottom