Recent content by taloyd

1. T

Audyssey Room EQ Review

It's not a chip, and it's all digital domain, so the only SINAD hit would be if it lowers the gain of the final result such that the output is closer to the noise floor, so less signal:noise ratio. The only SINAD hit would be relating to gain levels, not room correction/EQ.
  2. T

Free for pickup in Brooklyn: Fosgate FA52.0 speakers

These are identical to Hafler M5 passive studio monitors - some of my favorite budget speakers which though not perfect, do nothing wrong.
  3. T

FS: Squeezebox Touch, Squeezebox Boom, and ethernet bridge in case it's needed

All sold save for Squeezebox Boom! Recommend a hard-wired ethernet connection as the WiFi for it seems very finicky. Sound quality is EXCELLENT, especially for the size. (Actively biamplified speakers with a sliding dynamic EQ for always good bass reproduction.)
  4. T

FS: Squeezebox Touch, Squeezebox Boom, and ethernet bridge in case it's needed

I've moved to Raspberry Pi based audio as I can still use the wonderful Squeezebox ecosystem, but with better WiFi. So I have for sale a Boom that that I used in the bedroom that works well, caveats are the display is a bit dim and the WiFi doesn't always catch the signal. I ignored the first...
  5. T

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

Apologies for the unwarranted snark. Nyquist Sampling Theorem suggests that the sampling rate only needs to be double the frequency to faithfully reproduce a waveform, even a complex one. Half of 48kHz is still above human hearing, the upper range of which reduces with biological aging. So for...
  6. T

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

So does human hearing. (Hi there Nyquist!)
  7. T

Subwoofer / Low Frequency Optimization

To offer counterpoint - the air spring of a sealed enclosure will (proportionally!) resist attempting low-frequency reproduction, whereas ported enclosures unload below the tuning point, and so offer no resistance whatsoever. That's why they work best with a high-pass filter just below the...
  8. T

MiniDSP DDRC-24 & UMIK-1

Do you have any references anywhere else? You have no posts other than your classifieds ad.
  9. T

FS: Meridian DSP5000C digital active center channel speaker, in SoCal/Los Angeles/SF Bay/SD

Price dropped to $387. Again, local only to Los Angeles/SF Bay Area, as I can only imagine what shipping such a heavy speaker would cost (32kg / 71 lbs. for a MTM center speaker)! https://www.meridian-audio.info/public/5000c%5B193%5D.pdf Cheers, Tal
  10. T

FS: Meridian DSP5000C digital active center channel speaker, in SoCal/Los Angeles/SF Bay/SD

These are from Meridian, pioneers in using DSP to take speaker performance to the next level. These have 3 separate amplifiers, one for tweeter and each woofer, and signal-shaping DSP with a linear phase crossover between woofer and tweeter. Phenomenal sound. The only issue is that these...
  11. T

[Logitech] Squeezebox Duet, Radio, Boom, Touch network streaming players

Sorry I missed this! Just today sold the Touch, Duet, and Radio, and decided to keep the Boom. Regarding the woofer surround issue - people on the Squeezebox community forum have had good luck replacing the factory woofers with the little AND EXCELLENT Faital units - have reported it sounds...
  12. T

4 x PWR-ICE125WD for sale

Unfortunately not; USA, California.
  13. T

FS: Twin 18" Dipole Subwoofers (free cabinets)

What did you replace these with - it looks like an EXCELLENT implementation of a W-frame dipole subwoofer!
  14. T

[Logitech] Squeezebox Duet, Radio, Boom, Touch network streaming players

Hello, Finally going to begin moving away from the Squeezebox ecosystem. Don't worry - I'm not getting a Sonos! But I have for sale (in order of desirability): Touch - $143 Duet - $77 Boom - $67 Radio - $53 These are networked audio players (like Sonos) with a focus on sound quality (unlike...
Top Bottom