Recent content by Tadaoo

1. T

Pre-amp/ power amp pairing

The only detailed review of the Rotel A11 Tribute I found is from SoundStage Network, and indeed they don't test its preamp performance...
  2. T

No hard feelings! I was merely speaking philosophically... And I do need protection from buying things I don't need with money I don't have...
  3. T

This is indeed a very interesting device; would it be possible (and make any sense) to keep my Ares II DAC in the chain before the Flex since it has analog inputs and use the Flex only as a preamp with EQ and Dirac functions?
  4. T

Thanks for your welcome! I will look into the miniDSP Flex device which is very new to me but seems like an interesting solution. I shall keep the Bluesound node as I am using the HDMI Arc for TV (did I mention tiny apartment?) The Node also has a sub out port with control on the app but never...
  5. T

Thanks for your input; indeed if higher gain only equals to higher volume it is not needed… Not sure asking questions qualifies as mistake though…;-)
  6. T

Thanks for your reply. Regarding their subwoofer I use RCA splitters so I should be all right. Regarding the Rotel I feel better regarding the power; however I would be interested to understand what a dedicated pre-amp would bring to the picture; In other words, I am not sure what to look for...
  7. T

Hi Audiofire Volume is plenty loud! I usually set the Rotel volume button on 70, then use the BlueOs app of the Bluesound note volume control to adjust- usual listening volume around 80% on the app.
  8. T

Hello from Paris, France This would be my first post on this forum that I have been reading with great interest in the limit of my technical ability… My question concerns a possible mismatch between my pre-amplification device and my power amp. My ”chaîne hifi” (French for hifi system) has...
Top Bottom