Recent content by syr1990

1. S

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

I just got one of these. Using it connected to my iPad pro via usb-c and running Sennheiser HD6XX and Hifiman Aryas, two not so easy to drive headphones. Playing tunes through Qobuz. WOW! This thing is really driving my cans close to what must be their full potential. Really hope this thing is...
  2. S

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Can anyone please comment on the wifi capability of this streamer? I have a bluesound node 2i that keeps dropping wifi connection and is essentially rendered unusable. My hifi set up is in a room far away from my router, so the signal isn’t strongest there, but I have a computer and roku in...
  3. S

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

How does the Topping G5 compare to the iFi nano iDSD Black Label?
  4. S

Oratory1990 has REMEASURED a load of headphones and updated his pdf's

Any idea which version of the Arya the current EQ is intended for? It just says Hifiman Arya (doesn't indicate stealth or v2 etc). Edit: I'm referring to this profile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpakp0jc4deruwr/Hifiman%20Arya%20%28RME%20ADI-2%20preset%29.pdf?dl=0
  5. S

KEF R3 Speaker Review

These look inticing. Are you using one of the bigger adapter plates?
  6. S

KEF R3 Speaker Review

Not the answer I was expecting :D Cute dog btw! Anyone else have suggestions for appropriate speaker stands?
  7. S

KEF R3 Speaker Review

What stands are people using with the R3s? It's hard to find something with a base plate that is big enough. It's frustrating that KEF doesn't make a speaker stand for the R3 like it does for the LS50.
  8. S

KEF Reference and Blade Meta announced, but where is the R Meta?????

Completely agree. There are already so many great options out there now. If the LS50 floorstander does pan out to be true, it'll be interesting to see how it fits in KEF's range (especially considering the floorstanders in the R series). If it is active, like someone else suggested, that would...
  9. S

KEF Reference and Blade Meta announced, but where is the R Meta?????

The KEF dealer I spoke to a couple months ago said there were Meta versions of the Reference line coming out (which has turned out to be the case). He also said a floorstanding version of the LS50 is coming out. So take that for what it's worth.
  10. S

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

Are you referring to the ELAC Debut Reference (DBR-62)?
  11. S

KEF R3 Speaker Review

If you have a local dealer see if they can match the prices of the sale.
  12. S

KEF R3 Speaker Review

I spoke to a dealer recently; his sources say no update to the R series any time soon...
  13. S

80 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms and 120 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms. Is that not sufficient even for people that are not going to listen to music louder than 80DB? How much power would you suggest for these speakers?
  14. S

Subjective rant: Just got a used pair of these for my second, more modest system. Amplification at the moment is not ideal: Onkyo A-9010. But...wow! Completely surprised by the sound of these, especially the bottom end presence. The last speakers I had hooked up to the Onkyo were the KEF Q-100...
Top Bottom