Recent content by SvanTeK

1. S

More power for KEF reference 5?

The easy way out is to simply call it Humbug or Snake oil. I'm not the only one here at my place that thinks it's a bad and tiring sound coming from the Audiophonics. My Rigol DHO924s is showing me the sound is nearly perfect. I don't agree.
  2. S

Yes I have. I borrowed from a local dealer a few NAD power amplifiers. The expensive C298 sounds best and the C268 sounds good too, a lot better then my Audiophonics. I have also tried some old Denon POA-4400 and Sony TA-N77 ES they too sounds much better. And that is strange. Last night I...
  3. S

I own a pair of AUDIOPHONICS MPA-M400ET. The sound is harsh and a ringing, it's simply very bad. I don't understand that amplifiers that measure so good sounds so bad.
  4. S

Audioquest Niagara 1200 Review (Power Conditioner/Surge Protector)

If you live in an underdeveloped country, with power lines up in the air in cities, it's a "must-have".
  5. S

Pro-ject Pre Box DS2 DAC & Pre-amp Review

Hi all, Has anyone of you looked inside this box (pics) ? What type of output amplification ? Class A or AB ? Op-amps , discrete or discrete-op-amps ? If it is op-amps who makes them and what type is it ? I hope it's SO-8 op-amps, If I buy a Pro-ject Pre Box DS2, I like to roll some op-amps.
Top Bottom