Recent content by Subway2400

1. S

Atoll DAC200 Signature - Review & Measurements (DAC)

Unfortunately only the best DIY amplifier or speakers are commonly brought up. There are plenty of "DIY first tries" or " DIY approximations" out there. But I agree with you, there are also many well-thought and well-made DIY speakers, DIY amplifiers, etc. ;)
  2. S

Atoll DAC200 Signature - Review & Measurements (DAC)

Hi, I'm not surprised about these measurements, knowing how their stereo amplifiers are built. I would be eager to see one of their IN100 amplifiers tested, because on the inside, they look more like some "DIY amplifier" rather than well-engineered and rugged amplifiers ...
  3. S

Electric toothbrushes

Hi, I bought an Oral-B iO4 two months ago. While the cleaning quality is good, I find it to nearly be a scam. The 740 mAh battery seems to have a short lifespan. At the beggining a full charge lasted for 8-10 days (brushing twice a day for 2 minutes each time, in standard mode). Two months...
  4. S

Monitor Audio Silver 100 Review (Speaker)

The new Bronze series is not V shaped at all, it is pretty flat. Here is the Bronze 6G 100 : It has nothing in common with Klipsch or B&W...
  5. S

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

I guess that the panther is going to lose its head once again? http://noaudiophile.com/Micca_COVO-S/ :D
  6. S

Focal Aria 906 Speaker Review

That bump he recreated between 2 and 8 kHz is exactly what should NOT be done if you want a Focal speaker to sound good. Their inverted dome tweeter has a specific directivity pattern and Focal has improved over the time in order to tame the particuliar sonic characteristic this may give. So...
  7. S

Monitor audio silver 500 or tannoy xt8f for rock and metal

I see. I agree that some older MA speakers tend to be a bit harsh at higher volumes in "dry", untreated listening rooms. But I find the recent generations to be great all-rounders with a good linearity and low distorsion, especially the Silver 7G. They are really worth giving them a try :)
  8. S

Yeah, the bolts at the back are for the drivers. Monitor Audio even recommends tightening them a little after receiving them at home.
  9. S

The ones who say the Monitor Audio Silver 7G 500 are agressive-sounding, must not have listened to them -at all.
  10. S

Focal Aria vs Arendal 1723(S) ?

Having listened to the Aria and the Silver ranges, I find the Silver ranges to sound more natural, especially on the treble, which sounds more artificial on the Aria. There is no noticeable harshness on the Silver-series speakers, no "shouting voices".
  11. S

The directivity seems well controlled. The new smaller midrange + tweeter waveguide combination seems to be beneficial to the performance of the new Silver range. Impedance and electrical phase also seem to be correct, without any overly current-hungry combination. I would be very eager to see...
  12. S

Excellent measurements, and even the distorsion seems to be low !
  13. S

Polk Audio Signature S15 Speaker Review

In France the XT are sold at a lower price than the Signature. The ES60 is sold twice the price of the XT70. On the Polk forums, it is said that the XT are the entry level. Plus they have cheap passive speakers on the floorstanders instead of true woofers. The YouTube videos are a pretty...
  14. S

Polk Audio Signature S15 Speaker Review

The XT range is below the Signature range. I doubt that the XT is going to be better !
Top Bottom