Recent content by stvnharr

1. S

Audio Critic--Complete Archive

Jack Renner loved the Waveforms. Telarc also owned a complete 5 channel speaker Waveform speaker system. The Waveforms in the pic are an older model, designed by Paul Barton. They weighed like 200 lbs. each.
  2. S

Here is a link to the Waveform Story by John Otvos himself. It is in 3 parts. https://johnotvos.wordpress.com/2018/01/13/waveform-pt1-of-3/
  3. S

AXPONA 2024 - List of companies displaying Purify based amplifiers

You have time. You will need to do your own research. Go thru the exhibitor list and see who is showing. You also need to know the amps that use the Purifi modules. Doesn't look like anyone here will really answer your direct question other than You.
  4. S

I once had the Waveform Mach Solo, a passive version of the Mach 17 with just a single bass driver in a slightly smaller bass module. I wish I still had them. But they were quite large, and I ended up needing something more portable after a couple of years. I should have just put them in storage...
  5. S

Power Cord For Amp - do volts matter?

Hello, Well, you have gotten quite a few responses but no answers to your questions. For the above question, the 14ga. cord would be the best one to use for the Luxman Class A amp. You did not mention the other amp. But most probably the Class A amp will draw the most current from the wall. And...
  6. S

Stereonet Australia (Melbourne) Audio Show 2023

I attended the Melbourne Show on Friday. This was a good day to go as attendance is less on a weekday. Last year I attended on Saturday and it got crowded very quickly after opening. I attended with 2 friends, both EE's, one in the audio biz and one retired. Our collective impressions were quite...
  7. S

Marantz SA-10 Review (SACD Player & DAC)

SACD Snoopy, In my version of MC, 29, I select DSD bitstreaming for audio output. From what I have read in various places this should ensure that DSD file input does not get converted on it's way to audio output. But it is a bit confusing as the wiki quoted above was written much earlier than...
  8. S

I will reply to my own post as I found the JRiver DSD wiki entry.
  9. S

Alan, Here is a link for the Service Manual: https://www.service-manual.net/?download=66134-marantz-sa-10-sa-10s1-service-manual I got my Ruby SM from them. Interesting fact about the SA-10 and DVD-R. Obviously I did not know that. Yes, the only reason to get any of the new Marantz sacd...
  10. S

When I play a DSD64 file the Ruby dac reads DSD 2.8M. When I play a DSD256 file, the dac reads DSD 11.2M. Can you post a reference in the JRiver info wiki that says what you wrote? I use Media Center 29.
  11. S

Nice review. FWIW, I do not have an SA-10. I have the SA KI-Ruby. Just some things to add............... Do you have a Service Manual for your SA-10? It could be quite helpful. They are available online for not much. The Service Manual will show you have to access the Service Mode, and in...
  12. S

Sumiko Master Set Speaker Procedure

. This is a good video from a person who attended the Sumiko seminars on speaker placement. These seminars were run by Stirling Trayle and John Hunter when they owned Sumiko Importers. This procedure can be done by anyone and it does not cost anything. An internet search can help you out to...
  13. S

Zero surge and surgeX are overpriced as hell

I find these Zero Surge units quite interesting, especially after watching the video. However, I live in Australia. Does anyone know of similar products/companies here. A simple Google search led me to Thor Technologies.
  14. S

How is your current speakers placement?

I have my speakers very slightly toed in, a little over 1 inch of toe-in. Speakers are DIY 2 1/2 way, with Seas W18 and Hiquphon OW-1, designed by the late Rick Craig of Selah Audio 20 years ago. Speakers were rebuilt with new cabinets and crossovers in 2018. Room is 14' x 13' with 10 foot...
  15. S

I remember the thread and project you mention. Then it just disappeared, and now I know why. Pity. Too bad.
Top Bottom