Recent content by stunta

1. stunta

JBL 705P / 708P

Check the warranty on them. IIRC, it's 3 or 5 years. Expect a long wait for repair. Mine is sitting around at the repair center for 2 months now.
  2. stunta

The frailty of Sighted Listening Tests

Not sure I want your ears. Mine are already too expensive.
  3. stunta

SOLD [US]: REL 7/Ti stereo pair in white - selling both together

They look so good! Very iThingy like
  4. stunta

Suggestions for outdoor (rain) fan, power strip, and extension cord

If it were me, I'd just get a cheap box fan (I have a Lasko model from Home Depot which is light weight that I abuse and its still running fine) and when not in use, unplug it and throw a tarp on it. And yeah, GFCI is a must for outdoor outlets.
  5. stunta

If costs wouldn`t matter , what would you buy ?

A stage for my backyard and then pay bands to come play live for me :)
  6. stunta

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

To those members - please take your speakers over to amirm, with some donuts and coffee :)
  7. stunta

Curious why you chose this model. Would the lighter/smaller 228 or even 226, when measured, not be a good representative sample of the Be line of speakers?
  8. stunta

+1. Since we have the reviews for M16 and M106, it would great to get an idea of what the M126Be brings to the table given it is priced at 2X of M106.
  9. stunta

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

May I suggest you buy the speaker, rip the amp out and if amirm wants to test it, you can send it over? Not sure if the speaker has a DSP module - if it does, do we need to test that in isolation too? IMO, there is very little ROI with this approach given the speaker is sold with the amp built-in.
  10. stunta

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

Give yourself a golfing panther @amirm, your speaker reviews are absolutely kick-ass! And they keep getting better. A gold standard that will be hard to beat. Makes purchasing decisions so much easier. Thank you. so do you recommend this speaker only for near field use?
  11. stunta

Revel M105 Bookshelf Speaker Review

65 degrees The lip of the shelf is half an inch
  12. stunta

Seriously, will that work? Shelf is wood.
  13. stunta

JBL 705P Studio Monitor Review

JBL factory is closed and my 708P is sitting at the repair center for a month now. Might want to keep it if there is a workaround and wait till JBL can actually service it.
  14. stunta

Can anyone who owns the M105 please tell me if its front-heavy, back-heavy or balanced? I am considering it for my surrounds but my shelves are tilted with 1/2" lip. I had to return the S16 speakers because they would just fall off. Edit: @amirm just noticed you are going to test them again...
  15. stunta

VTV Hypex Ncore NC252MP (It's all Amir's fault)

That sucks but its good that you got a prompt refund! I wonder what service we can expect if we in the US order from overseas folks like Nord or Audiophonics.
Top Bottom