Recent content by Stu Pidasso

1. Stu Pidasso

Definitive Technology (Def Tech) BP7006/BP7004/BP7002 - BP8954MOD

The Q refers to quality - or an easy way to think of it is the width of a cut or boost - D is damping and refers to what happens filter roll-off, A is amplitude in DB.
  2. Stu Pidasso

If you're driving the TDA board with the output from the preamp section in the stock amplifier, (which of course you would be, because why would you skip the filters which make the box sound as the designers intended) the hum is most likely emanating from bad caps on the +/- 15v line. If you're...
  3. Stu Pidasso

I had the same issue with one of the amplifiers. It had a non-stop 120hz hum, which hints right away the problem is after the full wave rectifier and near the voltage regulator. Replace the 10uf 16v caps on the +/-15 volt supply. It's stupid that they're 16v for starters. They're surface...
  4. Stu Pidasso

In the OEM circuit, there is a limiter which begins to kick in at 28.28vrms and goes into full clamp mode at 77v peak - if the input voltage is higher than 2.9956vrms when using the RCA input. 28.28v rms into 4 ohms is 200 watts. There is a high pass filter at 24db per octave at 28.46hz, an EQ...
  5. Stu Pidasso

Snake Oil Department, Top This

I think he's got it mixed up. Maybe he was shaken as a baby?
  6. Stu Pidasso

Hey I posted the schematic and on each page at the top you may note what it is that particular circuit section is doing. For instance, you may see 35hz - Q-3.00 +8.34db = this would equal a boost at 35hz of 8.34db with a Q of 3. Each page has a little bit of information, I'm not going to list...
  7. Stu Pidasso

This is what I keep saying is not accurate. Unless you take the post electronic crossover, limiter, eq, and phase adjustments applied by the OEM system you will NOT be anywhere near close to the original response. Not trying to pick a fight with you datrumole but your statement is not...
  8. Stu Pidasso

Tom Danley’s new Hyperion

If I were to guess I'd think these will be priced somewhere around $6500 each, so $13k for a pair. But that's just a guess, I came to it by pricing the similar component offerings on the pro side that are equivalent with the powered option taken into consideration, basically a powered SM60 and...
  9. Stu Pidasso

Upcoming Tom Danley Hifi speakers

I think just about all of us are a bit taken aback @joshmelo and I have been wrestling with exiting here as well but have chosen to stay because there are a lot good people here. Amir's explanation for why he treated Erin so poorly just doesn't hold water, and I have never noticed requests for...
  10. Stu Pidasso

Regarding the humming issues, you should check the power supply in the existing speaker, ensure the full wave rectifiers are working properly. Also a simple swap out of the caps may be in order. If you use an external amplifier, you will want to ensure the same equalization the manufacturer...
  11. Stu Pidasso

I think you may be missing the point. Look at the schematic and you'll understand what's going on. The LF filter is simply tuning the woofer in it's enclosure for the designers desired response when mated with the upper speaker drivers. These woofers are NOT subwoofers. They are bass...
  12. Stu Pidasso

Review the schematic I posted earlier in this thread.
  13. Stu Pidasso

Danley Sound Labs SH50

I am curious what the results would look like if the metal grill was in place. It seems to me they sound overly bright without the metal grill in place but I have no measurements to prove otherwise. I like to turn my music up quite a bit, and will admit that my high frequency sensitivity has...
  14. Stu Pidasso

Danley Sound Labs SH50

Erins Audio Corner SH-50
  15. Stu Pidasso

Upcoming Tom Danley Hifi speakers

I'm sorry sir, but I do believe you meant to say https://www.********************/loudspeakers/danley_sh50/ ugh. Okay, SH-50 Klippel results.
Top Bottom