Recent content by steve-z

1. S

Can I use the Topping E70 with Q Acoustics M20 HD

If you want an in depth as well as easy to understand explanation of how the various different signals get processed in the M20s check out the Youtube review by A British Audiophile.
  2. S

Feedback to first audio setup - Q Acoustics M20

Did you notice he also said that the top end was smooth and anyone wanting a brighter sound the M20s probably wouldn't suit them.
  3. S

If you check out the Youtube review by A British Audiophile he mentioned the improvement gained by swapping out the connecting cable, I believe he said it made improvements in both ends of the frequency range, might sort your harshness issue out , if you've not seen the review, give it a look...
  4. S

As you may have read in my earlier post I have 2 pairs of M20s which I've used for close on 2 years, I've never noticed any harshness or treble brightness, in fact I think there's a bit of a rolloff at the top end, personally I'd like a little more in that area. I wonder what sort of volume...
  5. S

I've got 2 pairs of QA M20's, one pair in my living room and the other pair in the bedroom, the living room pair are on the dedicated QA 3000 stands, these replaced a much more expensive separates setup of QA Concept 40 floor standers driven by a Rega Brio amp (£1600). I bought the living room...
  6. S

Compact audio set up active vs passive

I've been using Q Acoustics M20s for over a year now, in fact I have 2 pairs one in the living room and one in the bedroom, bought the bedroom pair first and after a couple of months decided that they were so good that they could replace my much more expensive separates system in the living...
  7. S

Bookshelf speakers positioning

I've been using Q Acoustics M20s for over a year now, in fact I have 2 pairs, one in my living room setup and one in the bedroom setup, each is fed by a Bluesound Node 2i streamer and I have my own digital music library on Mac computers in both rooms. The only difference between the 2 setups is...
  8. S

Review and Measurements of Bluesound NODE 2i Streamer

If you check the wording in the link you listed the 3-16-7 update doesn't relate to the Node 2i, the up to date version for the 2i is 3-16-5, mine were updated to that just a few days ago.
  9. S

Review and Measurements of Bluesound NODE 2i Streamer

I've got two Node 2i's and I've never noted anything like that happening on either of mine, I stream Amazon Music HD.
  10. S

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

The only crap one was the Yamaha, all were bought new and none were broken.
  11. S

In an earlier post on this thread I saw mentioned the Yamaha AS 501 as a better AB amp alternative to class D amps. About 3 years ago I ran a 501 in my main setup and to be frank I found the only thing it had to commend it was a decent power output, in most areas I found it wanting, even though...
  12. S

It may not have the power of the PA5 and it’s only got a single input and 20watts into 4ohms but the sound and build quality is superb for £129 including a high output low noise PSU.
  13. S

If you want an idea of what sort of build quality can be achieved for very little money check out this :- https://www.amptastic.com/
  14. S

Little boxes can still produce great sound, the Amptastic Mini 1 Tripath amp I had a few years ago would be dwarfed by the Topping PA5, didn't stop it from sounding brilliant.
  15. S

They should bring out a version with standard RCA socket inputs as that's what most people use, this input problem would certainly put me off buying one,
Top Bottom