Recent content by sterkoff

1. S

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

CRAP! My D-6 has just started to introduce a terrible static noise out of the blue. Was working as it should since purchased new in Nov 2022, and have tried switching out all cables and power sources but no improvement. Just out of warranty and now pretty much useless... Anyone have any...
  2. S

Solid Snake-Oil Storage: This SSD Is Aimed at Audiophiles

Be sure to run your ram in dual channel mode if you want stereo output... otherwise this would be a waste of money.
  3. S

Geshelli Erish2

Looks like they just added more information here: https://geshelli.com/e2 The fact that the new E2 will now be a size match to my J2 and have pre amp output is really nice, but I will admit I do not fully appreciate the following new option: Audio Taper Potentiometer (Dual Gang A100K or...
  4. S

Geshelli Erish2

Their website lists that the Erish2 is coming soon. Only info so far is this: "We are pleased to announce the Erish2 will be in production very soon. More power, bigger chassis, but the same great performance. More info to follow!" Does anyone have any additional information? If the E2...
  5. S

Budget Balanced DAC

The only thing I read (on another forum) about a balanced version of the d10s is that it would be balanced out only. The impact of which would be very much user case dependent. But I do agree that in a market with so many well performing dacs, a new balanced only budget dac with similar...
  6. S

Computer cables, where to buy?

I have ordered here many times: https://www.pchcables.com/
  7. S

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Best: Sennheiser HD555 headphones like-new at garage sale for $10. First experience with open back headphones and my entry point to this hobby. Worst: Sennheiser HD555 headphones like-new at garage sale for $10. Let's just say ignorance was bliss. I had no idea how much money that...
  8. S

Geshelli Labs NEW J2 Dac

Love the green man! I kinda choked and just went with the safe charcoal/smoked black because I couldn't decide on a color, lol.
  9. S

Geshelli Labs NEW J2 Dac

I literally ordered within the first minutes of the launch on Thursday at 6pm ET.
  10. S

Geshelli Labs NEW J2 Dac

Received my new J2 today. Ordered with USB module in charcoal with smoked black front and rear panels to sorta match my Massdrop stack. I will spare you any subjective review on sound quality as I cannot personally distinguish one well implemented dac from another. The one thing I can comment...
  11. S

Geshelli Labs NEW J2 Dac

I would imagine that getting the JNOG2/J2 to replace the original JNOG could be considered the textbook definition of a 'lateral move' since they share the same feature set and there shouldn't be any audible differences between these two DACs (that statement is pending objective test results of...
  12. S

Geshelli Labs NEW J2 Dac

Looks like they have updated their site to include specifications: https://geshelli.com/j2
  13. S

Best DAC under 150 with two outputs?

Assuming active PC speakers, there are many options. One of these would be the Topping E30 that has many features such as remote and volume control. If you were to add a headphone amp down the road, you could get the matching Topping L30 which includes RCA outputs that could be connected to...
  14. S

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

'Quality' is a subjective term as used by amirm in that example. The actual definition of 'quality' includes things like it has a 'peculiar or essential character' or a 'like social status'. Nothing in the definition of 'quality' would lead me to believe that it denotes any objectively...
  15. S

Geshelli Labs NEW J2 Dac

I don't know if any detailed specifications have been released yet. I was going off of their newsletter which I will copy here below. NEW Geshelli DAC UPDATE Hi, You are received this email because you opted in to our newsletter. If you do not with to receive further notifications, please...
Top Bottom