Recent content by stereo01

1. S

Klipsch R-41M Bookshelf Speaker Review

I don't believe in science is always a great marketing ploy.
  2. S

No, actually the point is to stay in your lane. If you believe measurements tell the whole story than there is no need to add Harry Pearson like comments. By the way, Andrew Jones who designed the Pioneer SP-BS22 once believed that measurements told the whole story.
  3. S

Speaker Listening Tests Even though this is not a near-field monitor, I tested it that way. So shoot me! :) On my right I had the Pioneer SP-BS22-LR and on the left the Klipsch R-41M. With levels matched and playing one channel at a time, the R-41M had no bass. It was all mid to highs. And...
  4. S

Great, please let us know when the training is complete. In the meantime I think you should stop trying to save the world from those awful Klipsch speakers.
  5. S

I would also suggest a little bit more humility as you are not advancing the hobby if your formula for a review is backwards. In addition, don't take my criticism personally, I'm just trying to advance the hobby or in this case stop it from sliding backwards.
  6. S

Simply suggesting that if you are going to give your listening impressions those impressions should be first not last.
  7. S

True enough, it also can be true that a blind test of individuals who have lived with a flat speaker for an extended period of time could prefer a speaker that deviates from the preferred curve when asked to choose.....It's called life.
  8. S

Why would anyone take seriously an evaluation of a speaker that begins with measuring and then the measurements are supposedly confirmed in a listening test? Either listen and measure or measure and leave it at that.
  9. S

Just a guess but I think Klipsch may also have this insight.
  10. S

Why would you be disappointed if the JBL measured poorly if you enjoy the sound?
  11. S

An Enticing Marketing Story, Theory Without Measurement?

Just wanted to take a moment to say thanks for helping myself as a non-scientist but music lover understand some basic concepts about acoustics which has allowed me to have a listening room and equipment that brings me great joy everyday.
  12. S

What are we listening to right now..

By far my favorite guitarist
Top Bottom