Recent content by Stephen H

1. Stephen H

Akai GX-620 Reel to Reel Tape Deck Measurements

Indeed. The heads were demagnetised recently before I did the test.
  2. Stephen H

Cambridge Audio Azur 851N Review and Measurements

I forgot to put this thread inside the sub-category for network streamers. I have recreated it here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/cambridge-audio-851n-review-and-measurements.39012/ I have asked Amir to delete this post.
  3. Stephen H

Cambridge Audio Azur 851N Review and Measurements

Below you can see my Cambridge Audio Azur 851n network streamer. I purchased it for £1199 back in 2018 from Richer Sounds (UK). It is a heavy/chunky beast with a satisfying, well-made feel to it. Features/Useability The feature list for the 851n is extensive. You can use it as a USB DAC, or...
  4. Stephen H

Thank you for clarifying. All makes sense. I will update to the latest version.
  5. Stephen H

As powerful as REW is, I prefer using your software. For clarity, using the dBr option should give accurate TD/TD+N results, correct? Also, I take it the notch setting is not necessary when measuring devices such as DACs etc.? Please forgive my ignorance, this is not my area of expertise...
  6. Stephen H

My dad said something very similar. Some people would like it for room EQ curve..
  7. Stephen H

FYI, I quickly tried the frequency response test again. The result is virtually identical no matter what level I record at. I am quite certain a full calibration could flatten it out a bit. If I ever get round to this I will be sure to put up some post-calibration results. However, I should...
  8. Stephen H

Awesome! Thanks for sharing :D I will have a look through the website later
  9. Stephen H

Thanks for the info! I will try and get round to running the frequency response test at -20db to see how it performs. This has been suggested by a good few people now, so it's definitely something to explore. If I do get round to it, I will be sure to update this post.
  10. Stephen H

Ahh fair enough, thanks for the knowledge tip!
  11. Stephen H

Yeah it's a shame regarding availability. I would email the owner of the website (Tomi Nihtila) if you were interested in getting your hands on one. He is a really helpful guy and may be able to say when and if he'll be making more boards. I know he has struggled due to AKM availability. Glad...
  12. Stephen H

Ah OK, thank you for the suggestion. I may try this some point soon and post an update!
  13. Stephen H

Maybe sometime in the future I'll mess around with the deck and try and improve head-alignment/calibration etc. For now, I am happy enough with it
Top Bottom