Recent content by srsxmi

1. S

Apple TV 4K sound quality

Not my agenda, please reread my objective. Psychoacoustics and/or the ability to detect the difference is not the issue. The issue is technical. And they are likely right for many if not most of their subscribers.
  2. S

This is the (last) confusing part. Assuming Apple Music does deliver lossless audio (with or w/out Atmos) as they advertise, how can it be based on lossy audio sources? Do they transcode the lossy audio to lossless audio? EDIT: I misread @Tre2023 : So, Apple TV 4K is the weak link in the...
  3. S

All good here. By "less than optimal", are you referring to ARC limited bandwidth for lossless surround audio streams vs eARC which can? I am a bit confused by the comments regarding DD+ and how different devices interpret the stream differently, so below is a specific example to use as a...
  4. S

Do you mean that there are no streaming sources that are lossless Dolby ATMOS (i.e., Dolby TrueHD + the ATMOS bits)? Or do you mean that there is no such thing as a "Dolby TrueHD ATMOS"? Do you have any more information on the specific devices and how they interpret the stream? I am interested...
  5. S

Yes, it was not, I did repeat your steps on my Mac and had similar results. Confusing I agree. I think we are primarily different use cases, e.g., I was using a preview of Apple Music on Windows to send music to a DAC and headphones, and it came through as the file you saw (now below on the...
  6. S

Thanks for the information. Minor point, DD+ is lossy, Apple Spatial music is lossless, e.g., the highlighted portion of image below. Apple's definition of lossless is 16 bit /44.1 to 24bit/48kHz and Hi-Resolution Lossless, is up to 24bit/192kHz. (ref: Introducing Spatial Audio, section on...
  7. S

Not sure what you mean; I am describing the files that are in the cloud, i.e., the data at rest. It has nothing to do with ATMOS as they are not being streamed.
  8. S

Amplifier options for integrating TV + streaming into an Apple TV setup

Food for thought: You might try a Sennheiser AMBEO soundbar, its really quite nice with 10 channels available. You can stream to it in stereo or multchannel, and is plays very well with Apple TV; its sounds best when fed by eARC HDMI. Hearing is believing and you would likely save money. Also...
  9. S

With my Apple TV 4K playing to my Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar, I get 10 channels of "Dolby TrueHD ATMOS ". I use the HDMI connection to my TV. The notation is important because as I understand it, Dolby Atmos is an extension and depends on, one of two Dolby codecs, "Dolby Digital Plus where it is...
  10. S

Apple HomePod (2nd Gen) (2023)

Here's what I discovered after some research and experimenting with using the 2023 HomePods, Apple Music and Roon (all of which I own and will keep). And thoughts on using them as a soundbar. HomePods: After owning the original HomePods and really not getting much use out of them, I decided to...
  11. S

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Thanks, request submitted. I'll send you the response.
  12. S

Yes it was mine. I did not get an FR with them, but Amir's would likely be more accurate than one Audeze would have provided because I expect Audeze would send a target FR for the model (see Audeze FRs). You should be able to write to the Audeze support group and verify whether its specific to a...
  13. S

Hi, Sorry for the delayed response. My actions probably speak louder than my words; I kept the LCD-24 and sold the LCD-X a 2018 version. I regret keeping the X as long as I did. The newer X is better, but still the 24 outperforms both. The 24 is a special edition and may not be available...
Top Bottom