Recent content by square.

1. S

Ending the Windows Audio Quality Debate

If I am using a -4db low shelf filter for the highs on my speakers on my RME ADI 2 FS equalizer will I also need to do -4dB on eAPO or will RME do this automatically for me? I do use -0.2dB to avoid the distortion issues but I am unclear on wether the extra -4db on eAPO is needed or not due to...
  2. S

Audeze LCD-1 Review

Wow this EQ preset is super good. Im using it on my RME ADI 2 FS, which only allows 5 peaking filters, so i've had to drop the 14kHz peaking filter. Sounds really natural and very similar to my studio monitors. Awesome!
  3. S

Studio monitor sound signature - Is it my room or the speakers?

Any way to know which is the most optimal gain staging? Edit: The adi 2 fac fs has 'auto reference level' which automatically adjusts the gain based on volume level. People on RME forums seem to be saying this is the best setting
  4. S

Yeah I forgot about that. Thanks Yes, I've seen a video on this before. Basically two things happen when I move them closer to the rear wall : 1. My "null" in the lower mids will shift further into the low end (i.e if I move them 30cm closer to the rear wall, the null will move from around...
  5. S

Okay, I've tried people suggestions and I'll be replying to them with feedback below. In the meantime, could someone please give me a song that they find to have balanced mid-range with a drum kick such that I can see how it sounds on my speakers This one was odd. I'm not sure what was better...
  6. S

Do I need a microphone interface for the mic or can it work by plugging straight into the PC via usb or other connections? I will consider this. Sure, thats a good idea. I'll set a reminder on my phone and try this later 2/10, its just a bedroom. I have curtains on one of the side walls...
  7. S

Hello, I am currently experiencing a minor annoyance with my Mackie MR624 studio monitors. I have the RME ADI 2 FS as my dac/amp and I use balanced XLR to power my monitors. The analyzer is very useful on the dac for this scenario. I am finding that 80% of kick-drums that peak at 1Khz sound...
  8. S

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Sure that would be great thanks
  9. S

Sadly that adapter is only available for lightning connector iPads. I have a usb-c ipad and the only adapter for it is a usb-c to usb-a.
  10. S

I'd love to own the Aeon Closed x. Egg-shaped ear cups are a delight to wear on the head. I own the audio technica msr7b and I am slightly unhappy with their isolation for a closed back. They are however excellent comfort headphones for all day use I also own the audeze LCD-1, which I use...
  11. S

'Safe' volume level

Yeah. I've bought earplugs for when I go to a live event again to ensure I dont get further damage. I suppose its why im even discussing 50db listening levels in the first place - out of fear for further damage? I will consider getting my ears tested.
  12. S

'Safe' volume level

I am reading sarumbears post about 'how loud is loud?' and its brought to my attention that one day our ears perceive 'x' volume as loud, but on another day they perceive the same 'x' volume as quiet or medium volume. Tbh, I think even at 60-70db on my headphones i'll be fine, but I do prefer...
  13. S

'Safe' volume level

Dont worry, I've been quite sure for a while now that ever since I went there hearing in the right ear has lost about 10% details thankfully though - it doesnt impact my daily life at all. Everything sounds normal in both ears, but its only when I use headphones or iems I have to adjust my...
Top Bottom