Recent content by spronkey

1. S

Best software options for linux music streaming server that can also play local headless?

Bit of an update here as I have found a solution that so far works reasonably well. I'm using the following on my Ubuntu 22.04 base install: Logitech Media Server, deployed via docker with the lmscommunity image (https://hub.docker.com/r/lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver#!) lms-material skin for...
  2. S

Best software options for linux music streaming server that can also play local headless?

Thanks for the replies @fuzzy_logic and @Jeremoeof Can you install Volumio into an existing Linux setup? I thought it was basically a whole packaged OS? I have a bunch of other things running on this machine, so really don't want to have to start with a dedicated OS. Owntone definitely looks...
  3. S

Hi all, I'm looking for recommendations for a software package for my existing linux file server / HTPC that can accomplish the following goals: Music library stored on local machine Headless playback to locally connected (& bluetooth) devices, Remote control via some sort of mobile...
  4. S

Does Focal Elex have QC problems?

Mine died sometime between August and last week. Had them in storage for just over 2 months after daily use, saw Oluv's video, thought hmm I must get these out and have more listen. Plugged them in and, oh what's this, one side working only? Opened the capsule, couldn't see any visible issues...
  5. S

Topping Quality Issues?

My D10 has sleep/wake issues even with the latest firmware. If you don't unplug it and replug it quickly after powering on, it will refuse to do anything but --- then . on display until you leave it unplugged for a few hours. It's a nice DAC otherwise, but I don't think I would recommend it...
  6. S

Geshelli Archel Pro v/s JDS Atom v/s .....

Got a phone? Install a decent dB meter app, Attach the microphone end a repeatable position on your headphones inside the earcup, play some pink noise, and find the level on each amp that matches. I've found this can get acceptably accurate for comparing amps. Not so much for comparing between...
  7. S

Please help! Schiit Modi 2 not being recognized anymore by Windows?

I'm having the same problem with my original Modi. Interestingly, I'm getting maybe 1 in every 100 plug ins working on Windows machines, but 1 in every 2 working on my Macs. It seems like the Macs continuously to try to enumerate the USB devices if they fail, and there are lots of "Failed to...
Top Bottom