Recent content by Sprint

1. Sprint

Convince me to not buy 8351b.

I would say the other way around...I had initially the cables for passive set up as I was using passive speakers. 2 years back I changed it to XLR/AES cables plus power for Genelec surrounds spending around 1K euro for wall plastering. the effort was worth. I am now planning to do cabling for...
  2. Sprint

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

For me, it would be the other way around. I did AB comparison of Reference 1 and R11 classic. The Reference 1 definitely sounded more pleasant and enjoyable (minus the bass of R11).
  3. Sprint

Audiopraise VanityPro Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)

This one seems to check all the boxes :-). Not able to see from the documentation if it can encode 2ch to 5.1 Surround for You tube. If it does, then AVR chapter is over for me :-) assuming it measures well. Hope some one will send to ASR for a review.
  4. Sprint

Audiopraise VanityPro Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)

Do you mean Plus side with DP562? If I am not wrong, Vanity Pro does not do any encoding. It just accepts LPCM from ATV4K. That was one of the reason I had to take the AV processor route with Yamaha CX-A5200 for 2 reasons - You tube encoded to 5.1 via Dolby Surround Decoder and Atmos...
  5. Sprint

Genelec Subs for 8340 and 8330 in Mch. Dual 7360 or single 7370

true...Due to a small dip between 60-70 hz, finally I went with a set up where all my monitors are set to full range with no crossover. Subs handle only LFE. The overall sound in the room to my ears is very satisfying .
  6. Sprint

Anyone running Genelec set up with 7360 subs via AVR or Pre-processor

I had a great call with a Genelec Rep. It seems that I had made so many changes that I had corrupted the whole measurements. He never knew anyone running with -10db high shelf. So, we started a new measurement. Here are my new settings. GLM Sound Profiler Low Shelf at 100HZ +3.0 db High Shelf...
  7. Sprint

here it is. Would be great to know your thoughts.
  8. Sprint

Anyone running Genelec set up with 7360 subs via AVR or Pre-processor

Hi Everyone, I am currently running a 5.2 set up with Genelec 8340 as LCR, 8330 as Surrounds. I am using Yamaha CX-A5200 as processor. I just purchased a pair of 7360's to replace my SVS SB-12nsd pair. Source is Apple TV for apple music, youtube music videos, netflix, disney, prime...
  9. Sprint

Thanks @wmilas for the tip! I already realised that 7370 will be huge and would be a no go from WAF. Also I am still not sure about the proper bass response with one Sub, I decided to go for 2 7360. I am still toying with several settings that sounds optimal for me. Here is a pic. may be, I may...
  10. Sprint

Thanks a lot! If I am not wrong, in Mac I can play Apple Music and via Audio MIDI route the Atmos content from Apple Music to the proper channel before it is fed to the DAC. I assume the same would apply to watch Netflix and via Audio MIDI route the Atmos content to the proper channel before it...
  11. Sprint

Sure, I will ask the Genelec Reps. I did lots of research 2 years ago to get Atmos content via MAC but could not find one. Also, dropped the idea to add height monitors. Can MAC now decode Atmos content? Thats cool. BTW, how do you upscale 2ch Apple Music (incase of missing ATMOS content) to...
  12. Sprint

Thank you for the link and the video! This helps a lot! How are you connecting the monitors to subs? Are you handling the subwoofer as stereo pair. Means, the signal for L,C and SL is sent to Subwoofer 1 and the signal for R and SR to be sent to Subwoofer 2. Or do you have only one 7360A. As...
  13. Sprint

Yes, it is very impressive for the amount of work and details that you have collected for us. Since I live in EU, most of the US subwoofers like Rhythmik, HSU, JTR are out. I am not interested in SVS anymore because the amps in both of my subs got damaged even though I don't listen at high...
  14. Sprint

I will not be running full range. I will set it as Full range in Yamaha but the GLM software will do bass management by splitting it into LF and HF at the crossover frequency. The LF (<85Hz) will be routed to the subwoofers
  15. Sprint

Hi Everyone, I am currently running a 5.2 set up with Genelec 8340 as LCR, 8330 as Surrounds with a pair of SVS SB-12NSD (12inch) subs. I am using Yamaha CX-A5200 as processor. Yamaha does the bass management with crossover set for 85HZ for the monitors. Source is Apple TV for apple music...
Top Bottom