Recent content by Sprint

1. Sprint

Neumann KH420 vs Genelec 8361A

Cool!!! The graph looks very good. I need to double check if my Dirac adjusted the dips below the crossover. I also increased the bass in all my genelec speakers by creating a high shelf filter at 100 HZ with -2.0 DB. I learnt this from a very good you tube video on using GLM. After this...
  2. Sprint

and how is the integration between Genelec mains and non Genelec subs? Are you happy? BTW I miss your JTR profile pic ;-).
  3. Sprint

May be you are looking for this thread https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/non-genelec-subwoofers-with-genelec-sam-monitors.17769/. I will also search if I have another one. In the mean time, I am very happy with my set up. The SVS subs are corrected via miniDSP DDRC24 by...
  4. Sprint

Genelec 8351b with 2x 7370 vs Sopra No2 vs Atc 50 ASL

Here is an article I found from Q&A on why Genelec GLM does not correct dips. https://support.genelec.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014218839-Why-does-GLM-not-fix-dips-on-frequency-response-
  5. Sprint

Thanks! these level compensation values were set by GLM automatically. However I will try resetting it to 0 and see if there is any audible improvement.
  6. Sprint

Hey Sorry. I missed another screen shot which has the other notches corrected. But here it is. It has in total 6-7 notches corrected. I have read the reason why GLM does not correct dips in the Genelec forum. If I remember vaguely, the Genelec rep said providing more energy to the dips will...
  7. Sprint

Below 500 HZ is where GLM operates. It does not correct high freq. Not sure why you feel GLM is over the top. I have both DIRAC and GLM. Both are great. If GLM was not good, then most of the studios would not have used it. At least to my naive knowledge, they are working like how they are...
  8. Sprint

Yeah, I do agree that the chart is for studios but one cannot completely ignore for home set up. I have sent my GLM measurements to Genelec and they said that my measurements were pretty good thought it is a living room (I do have furnitures, curtains and other stuff to remove reverberation). I...
  9. Sprint

Before I decided for my Genelecs 8340/8330 surround set up, I had lots of exchanges with Genelec reps in my country showing my photos of my living room. As you mentioned, the longer distances are not a problem even for 8340 as they produce insane SPL for that size though I do not listen to more...
  10. Sprint

My listening distance to my front LCR 8340 is 3,5 meters. I can only confirm that I get a fully immersive experience (or I guess this is what disappearing means). Before that, I had passive floor standers at the same position and with Genelecs I am taken to a complete different dimension altogether.
  11. Sprint

I have a similar experience with my 8340. I listen to them at 3,5 meters. The front L&R are 3,5 meters apart. I like them more at this distance rather than a 2 meter which I tried as well.
  12. Sprint

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

@EchoChamber I can only agree. I too have the same opinion. The GLM wireless volume controller works great especially when I have a digital AES feed from my RPI4 + Topping D10s. I keep my Qobuz volume from my IPAD to max volume and control the Genelec volume with the wireless controller. I get a...
  13. Sprint

@Spocko Thanks :-) for sharing! I have a similar plan. Buy one GLM sub like 7360 or 7370 to support my 2 SVS 12" subs. Did you have any issues in integrating GLM with non-GLM subs especially time and phase alignments? How did you manage? Are you also using subs in 2ch music? If yes, where do you...
  14. Sprint

I am using 8340 in a multi channel set up. For 2ch, I am with you. But for multichannel music or movies, with 8330 as surrounds, to my ears these Genelec studio monitors are fully immersive even though I do not have Atmos.
  15. Sprint

I do not think so and at least I did not experience this delay. I always keep it switched on. Mine is on default setting that comes out of the box. I did not change anything in GLM either. The minute audio signal is available, they are active instantly.
Top Bottom