Recent content by spicyvelveetas

1. S

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

Mine was doing that too. Just got the latest FW installed and it seems better now.
  2. S

Topping DM7 on Linux generally and Raspberry PI OS specifically

It is not advertised as having multichannel capability. That is correct. However, I have 6 channel FLAC files from DVD-Audio or BluRay discs that play on the Node and report that they are 6 channel when you look at the technical info for the files when they're playing. The FR and FL...
  3. S

CM6206 works with Node but only outputs from 2 channels, even when FLAC files are 6 channel
  4. S

SO I tried the CM6206 and the Node recognized it but then hard rebooted. Wasn't able to check the outputs. WIll try again.
  5. S

Thanks for the inputs all. I will update once I receive and test the CM6206
  6. S

I ordered and will try a CM6206 based DAC solution. I did try the Creative X4. No luck. Not sure about 8 channels vs 6 channels also. I have some 7.1 music that won't play at all on the Node. 5.1 channel music will play (albeit through 2 channels of the DAC) without mixdown. That may...
  7. S

Can't seem to find one for less than ~$150USD here. At that rate almost content spending $500 to get the TOPPING DM7 to test out.
  8. S

I haven't really found one cheaper that has multichannel. I did get a soundblaster X4 but then read that it needs its proprietary windows drivers. No linux there. If you know of any models that are linux ready, let me know. I could just order and try a DM7.
  9. S

I wonder if anyone has tried connecting the DM7 to a BlueSound node. As I've read, the Node is Linux based and can support USB DACs. When I playback a 6 channel FLAC to my Node, it correctly flags it as 6 channel (5.1). It will play the Left and Right through an outboard USB DAC (2 channel...
  10. S

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

Has anyone tried to connect a Topping DM7 or other multi channel DACs (Okto or miniDSP) to the Node? I've asked the Bluesound support and they replied that it is not supported. I ask because I also have played 6 channel FLACS on the Node and the technical info of the file shows 6 channels. 2...
Top Bottom