Recent content by speculardecay

1. S

Very simple stereo amplifier for MarkAudio Alpair5.3 speakers

Many months later, I finally had the time to work on those speakers. For those interested, here is the build thread on DIY Audio Woden Baby Labs Bloodhound build Here's a picture of the almost finished result (still have to sand and finish). I am quite happy with the result, they sound better...
  2. S

Quick follow up. I received the Loxjie D30 yesterday and started using it in tandem with the SMSL SA-36A PRO. So far so good! I am still using my super old Klipsch Promedia GMX satellite speakers (minus the busted subwoofer) and I am pleasantly surprised with the sound that comes out of them. I...
  3. S

For anyone interested, I ordered the SMSL SA-36A PRO. I will start from there and see in the future I might upgrade for a better one. Thanks everyone for your help!
  4. S

Also, I was thinking, since I don't need any special features or even a good looking piece of equipment, at that price point wouldn't it be beneficial sound wise to get a simple good quality chip amp in say a plastic case?
  5. S

I do not listen to my music loudly but still, it is not a warning I like very much hehe.
  6. S

Hehe funny you mention Henkjan's speakers, I wanted to build one of his designs before deciding on the BloodHound. The Henkjan were juste too big for my desk. As for the woodworking, you can probably have a shop do the cutting for you and assemble it yourself.
  7. S

Ah yes thanks for the details escape2. Speaking of power, since my eventual amplifier will be hidden away, do you think it is a problem to leave it running all the time at max power and control the volume using the D30?
  8. S

Yeah the Emotiva is a bit out of my price range unfortunately. I saw the Aiyima 07, it seems nice, but I was wondering if it was not a bit overkill at 300w per channel. According to the specs page my speaker drivers have a nominal power rating of 5w @ 3.4Ohm. Edit : I'm new at this so I probably...
  9. S

Hello, I would need help figuring out which product to use for my setup. I just ordered the Loxjie D30 after reading a lot about it. While waiting for it to arrive, I was wondering if any of you had an amplifier recommendation to go along with it. I don't need much, I am in the process of...
  10. S

Loxjie D30 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Review

Hello, I'm new to this forum, I have been lurking for a while reading reviews and it is very informative. I just ordered the Loxjie D30 after reading a lot about it. While waiting for it to arrive, I was wondering if any of you had an amplifier recommendation to go along with it. I don't need...
Top Bottom