Recent content by spankjam

1. S

New version of Sennheiser HD 560S (!)

There headphones are very linear except the 10k frequency which I think I'll have to take down by 4 decibels. The rtings measurement actually perfectly reflects how I hear through the 560s.
  2. S

You were able to get it new for 130 till last week.
  3. S

Specs are: Output power: 68mW @ 600Ω, 135mW @ 300Ω, 383mW @ 60Ω, 212mW @ 32Ω, 100mW @ 16Ω Output level: 18.4dBu maximum
  4. S

Yup, that's a thing that's hard to guess because half of it is also how your hearing got used to devices you've listened music with all your life besides the sheer physicality of the ear. I'll give it a shot today, finally arrived. Will try it with my Phone adapter and the Lynx Aurora (n)'s...
  5. S

Gotcha, is there any accurate measurement that shows how it performs on 10k? Is it possible to apply APO on an audio device and use it in Avid's Pro Tools at the same time?
  6. S

Is that graph based on the new 560s? I'll try your settings but mainly for the low end. Is there a reason why you didn't equalize the 10k area with a narrow Q? User based low end preference has in my opinion less to do with the individuals' ears and more with the content they consume. I'd use...
  7. S

Is this measurement by Resolve from headphone accurate? Because that low end extension for an open headphone is amazing, makes it capable of playing back lots of low end heavy records properly And the low end on the new model is apparently even better? I mean technically, I wouldn't even...
  8. S

Do you think ordering two of them is enough to avoid a bad pair?
  9. S

That's perfect, I think if there was a subtle change to make, it'd been to make them a little bit less bright so I'd be happy. My 2024 pair will arrive in a day or two, found it for 130 with a coupon code from Sennheiser themselves, new. I mainly mix now on a pair of ProAcs and Amphions...
  10. S

Would you say the old ones sounded better compared to the new ones? In terms of sonic qualities, low end, transient response and imaging or are they the same roughly?
  11. S

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

Well signs or wear or malfunction but generally I've never encountered receiving a refurbished one when ordering "new" from Sennheiser. Hifiman is a completely different story though. I really wanted to get a Sundara "new" and half of my ordered 5 pairs were definitely returns repacked.
  12. S

So the new version is sonically identical to the 2020 release and all the reddit hype about it sounding different is just biased BS?
  13. S

What is reputable in your opinion? Even Fabfilter won't match Q wise let's say with a Sonnox EQ. And these are used by Audio professionals. You never know till you actually measure them through like Plugin Doctor or any other means. Don't intend to go off topic but it is what it is.
  14. S

Nope they aren't the same, there are different Q designs, that's why some people on the forum probably have complained that it doesn't sound right to them. I'd have to analyze EqualiserAPO and then match it with whatever I'd use.
  15. S

What's the software / plugin he uses for equalization? Q values can highly vary between different equalizers.
Top Bottom