Recent content by Sophoheilip

1. Sophoheilip

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Not worth your Money IMHO. The quality of the enclosure is not up to the price. Flimsy and the writings on mine would fade soon, just from contact. On top of all that, the HP jack was not working properly two times in two years. Luckily they fixed it within warranty. In short: I sold mine and...
  2. Sophoheilip

Schiit Skoll Balanced Phono Stage Review

I did that like 2 years ago and had no distortion and around -100 dB noise floor with dithering. BUT I got a new PC since and it seems to originate (the high distortion) from my new hardware. I guess a better interface like a Focusrite would be in order, and/or play with grounding options.
  3. Sophoheilip

Yeah, that could not have been, It was a grounding issue caused by the XLR adaptors (Pin 1, 3 and shield connected). Rushed it and didn't gave it another thought. Here is a far better one, where the 60Hz noise is even on both channels. So it really depends much upon placement and cable length...
  4. Sophoheilip

I did a basic measurement of my Skoll and it looks not optimal, to say the least. Fully Balanced in and output should make this look much better (I did use the XLR output of my RME ADI DAC, but I had to use a RCA adaptor for a cheap Behringer Interface.) So also take Distortion with a big grain...
  5. Sophoheilip

This is what can be found in a Reddit thread about exactly this issue. Link to Reddit User jaxtherogue wrote: I will do some basic measurements with the Skoll today. Maybe, if I'd like a void warranty, I try a shielding cage over the PS or left channel in the future.
  6. Sophoheilip

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

Further in Evil by Marthe is a "straight from the heart" record, which grasped me entirely. Edit: Someone has had the same feeling
  7. Sophoheilip

If you haven't already, you should have a listen at Havukruunu. They are also on Naturmacht.
  8. Sophoheilip

I must say, I still miss Herbrands vocals on these 3, but Heimdal is really a new favourite for me! To put such a great Album out after a quite long band history, is just showing thier musical dedication so much!
  9. Sophoheilip

https://peaceville.bandcamp.com/album/black-medium-current I love this Album. The best (at least known to me) Avant Garde / Black Metal release since Ruun by Enslaved.
  10. Sophoheilip

Genelec, how great are they really? The best?

Room treatment and DSP aside, I second the Kali LP6v2. I have a pair of 8341, while my girlfriend bought the Kali. Her given budget 400€: JBL 7" Monitors and Kali where left (of all tested at the time). These are stunning monitors, even at >2m listening distance! A bit of dip switches against...
  11. Sophoheilip

Why Doubt Is Essential to Science - Sci. Am.

I am highly sceptical towards your statement. Cheers, Thomas
  12. Sophoheilip

Best Active speakers for cinema/ stereo use?

A pair of JBL 708P comes to mind. ASR measurements Although its relatively low directivity will need a somewhat near field setup for a nice response.
  13. Sophoheilip

Anyone had like a $800 turntable and upgraded to a $2,000 plus turntable and notice much difference?

I have done it the other way around. Purchased a Planar 10 with Apheta 3. Started to quickly doubting all this expensive turntable clutter manufacturers (maybe with exception of SME and EMT, but much to expensive for spinning some plastic). So I bought a Technics SL1200 and a Denon DL103. As...
Top Bottom