Recent content by sonicnoob

1. S

How the ear works...

consider this story of Beethoven: ====== When Ludwig van Beethoven’s magisterial 9th Symphony premiered in 1824, the composer had to be turned around to see the audience cheering — he could not hear the audience’s rapturous applause. Beethoven first noticed difficulties with his hearing...
  2. S

[Gallium Nitride amplifier] Impressions of the Mini Gan 5 by Premium Audio, pictures / video inside

@tonycollinet & @DonR , & et al thanks folks for giving me some great advice and levelling my head! Time for me to take a deep beath, step back, and enjoy the music, and learn as i go along.
  3. S

[Gallium Nitride amplifier] Impressions of the Mini Gan 5 by Premium Audio, pictures / video inside

acutally you're right, the more I read in here, the more I'm slowing myself down in my decision making! Am I right to make the generalization that the order of priority to good music experience (highest to lowest) is: 1. good speakers (I have an effectively 4-way bookshelf speakers with my...
  4. S

man thanks, would have been a disaster if i blew out my sub! sheesh too many connection standards in the video/audio world
  5. S

Yes my sub has a crossover dial. Can I get this cable/adapter below and run it from amp to sub RCA R/L line-ins? Ancable RCA to Speaker Wire, [18AWG 6.5-Feet] 2-Channel Heavy RCA Male Adapter to Bare Wire Open End Audio Cable, 2-Pack
  6. S

so ok explain how does it work to me. So for example let's take the R speaker, then are you saying from the R speaker (+/-) jacks behind the amp, then you run it to the R speaker AND at the same time run a special cable that combine the +/- ends into 1 RCA end, and then plug this RCA end into...
  7. S

hey folks, a couple questions, 1) a local seller is selling a used Nord One NC500DM Dual Mono for $600 asking. Is this a decent price? I looked up this amp here on ASR and it's a decent amp, right 2) I also notice this amp has no sub-out. Ok, noob question, how would I connect an amp with no...
  8. S

To be honest I don't have a hard budget because I don't know what price point is a sweet price point for audio equipment. I'm still learning all this. I prefer to buy decent used equipment from the local used market (i'm in Socal so people the used market for audio is great). Some info: -My...
  9. S

so I was curious and checked on Aliexpress for ampliers, oh man I saw a tube amp listing for $7800, and many other tube amps in the $2000-$3000 range. Chinese electronics ain't cheap anymore.
  10. S

hey folks food ah never thought about distortion in those terms! learning something new today
  11. S

but doesn't "distortion" is a combination, and interplay, of both amp and speakers? (and I supposed the volume at which you're listening too)? Or are we talking about a totally different kind of distortion not related to speakers?
  12. S

yeah defintely I need to do more search on amps, thought I could just buy any class D and be done, but not so (if I want best bang for the bux). Oh god, am I going to have to ask the question: "will this amp match well with my speakers?" :D Although I'm not a picky listener, oh no I' far from...
  13. S

thanks for the input. Nah, not looking to supporting any industry in particular, just want best bang for the bux.
  14. S

no I have not purchased it, was just shopping and reading and came across it, which led me to this forum! So is there any amps you'd recommend over this one for around same price. I'm also open to buying a good used amp too, been looking at various NAD models on the used market. **On a...
  15. S

according to the thread in which Amir posted his measurements, and guys in here were blasting this amp.
Top Bottom