Recent content by Snix

1. Snix

[Poll] What is your experience with the reliability of the Topping LA90D?

My 2 units of August batch are going strong over 2 week plus!!! "We are pushing the record guys you can do it!!!"
  2. Snix

Yeh they are great when they work ;) I'm using 2x mono driving Kef R3 and they are quite addictive.
  3. Snix

lol yeh. Also, it taught me something. Never take things for granted. For decades, this is the first amp to teach me that. You cannot expect your amp to work normally. Be grateful every day. Be thankful if they work without popping. Too bad it also gave me PTSD of popping noises.:eek: Now...
  4. Snix

I just received my 4th-5th unit recently, which are supposedly "new" production lot. (yeh my first 3 had popping issues) I'll post updates if shit goes south again ;) What kinda pissed me off was that the Topping guy that usually comes out on Amir's Topping product review page had disappeared...
  5. Snix

It's like that hot psychopath girlfriend tho. It's so good when it works :)
  6. Snix

NAD M23 Stereo Amplifier Review

Great unit, even better review as always. Now it would be super nice if we can have C298 review as well. As my L90Ds keep failing, gotta find the new toy real quick ;)
  7. Snix

AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC Amp Review

Is their website dead or is it just my connection acting up? :(
  8. Snix

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Interesting amp! Impressive performance vs price. Will this be a new cult classic instead of Aiyima A07? (Despite the price difference, but Aiyima doesn't even offer their own 48V power supply.) Or actually, I wonder how would A07/A07Pro perform with this 48V power supply.
  9. Snix

Gotta say they are frontrunner who took "real estate collapse" literally :)
  10. Snix

Replacing Aiyima A07

Ah, I see. Well, its internal DAC is not terrible but not that good either. (T9 Pro version has a lot better DAC) Its Bluetooth is also kinda dated, but oh well, as I mentioned I like it as a small size do-it-all box. and yeh, tone controls are nice touch for chill-out listening. JFYI, if you...
  11. Snix

FX-Audio Tube 02 Pro Review (Headphone Amp)

Yeh,,,, nah, that's kinda turn me off quite a bit tbh o_O But it is indeed not a bad piece of electronics to throw in the system with 50$ budget, given if you need any of the functions it provides. Also, I have a habit of throwing away the stock tubes of these kind of kits asap (especially...
  12. Snix

FX-Audio Tube 02 Pro Review (Headphone Amp)

Just got one at dirt cheap <50$. Subjectively, tl;dr As a headphone amp : 6/10 (-> AKG 701 Austria lot), kinda meh. Tubey distortion sth sth aside, it sounds muddy or adding 2 untransparent layers of veils at best. As a preamp : 8/10 (SMSL D6 / Topping Dx7 Pro -> Tube 02 -> Aiyima A07 Pro /...
  13. Snix

Replacing Aiyima A07

If you are OK with Aiyima quality, I would recommend A07 Pro. It comes with "usable" bluetooth, which is useful in a pinch, as well as so-so tone control that you can play with. I also own T9, which I like it but tbh honest if you already have 3 A07, then just buy a dedicated DAC for your main...
  14. Snix

Topping PA5 fix - D01 Module Replacement for everyone

Please start working on these modules for LA90D lol ;)
  15. Snix

I bought 2 of these on the release day. (Early April?) Mid May one of them started popping randomly. Tried swapping every thing, didn't help, still popping even in Stereo mode. Got replaced without any problem though. (nlg, now I'm worried if the other would pop any day lol :)) Still love them...
Top Bottom