Recent content by sngreen

1. S

Pass Aleph 3 clone Class A amp experience

Not the same you bought from? What request did you make, could you be more specific?
  2. S

Is Benchmark AHB2 power a good buy for me?

That's not what I read on the other forums where AHB2 is compared, as an example. It is an excellent product indeed, at least from the reviews we read, yet the end-users often take something else instead. And it is not for the cost saving. Hmm .. I wonder why.
  3. S

Sure, but will these preferences be always leaning towards measured-to-be-better products? That is the question.
  4. S

But I did not make statements, or did I? Just my opinion, and I think I even said so. As to science, at does not always go hand in hand with what our individual preferences often are. I have plenty of examples on this topic, that to what was scientifically "proven" as better was indeed...
  5. S

Here is a good thread comparing AHB2 to Pass XA25 (which is only 25 wps). It seems Pass if preferred by most; https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/pass-labs-xa25-vs-benchmark-ahb2 I have Pass F5t (50 wps), which I absolutely love, and although I do not have AHB2 I can somewhat relate to the...
  6. S

That would be for the movies, but for critical listening .. and then every recording is different .. no, I don't think so. Just would not do it.
  7. S

Horn loaded Fostex is a good start. There are plenty of kits out there, also from China.
  8. S

Your "wanted D amp back" tells me you probably like electronic music, which is what D (my brief experience was only with NAD M23) are best suited for. So ABH2 could be the best of all worlds for you, provided it also matches the speakers. I would not debate it for a second.
  9. S

I could not agree with you more. Speakers would be the first step, goes without saying, plus the room treatment. Not sure what EQ means, or rather what you mean by saying it. Re. tube amp, it's just my opinion, as I would not have analytical amplifier paired directly to Matrix streamer that he has.
  10. S

Few comments I found in the other posts/reviews; https://www.stereophile.com/content/benchmark-media-systems-ahb2-power-amplifier-page-2 See "Listening In the Country" part. quoted; "I took the AHB2 along with me for a weekend at our country place, in Connecticut, to see if it would be as...
  11. S

So you told us that you have it, great!
  12. S

As I said in my previous post, it can't be everything that is so good about this amp. As it can't be everything that is good about any amplifier. So how did AHB2 compare? If you do not mind, perhaps you have a link or two to your comparison posts. thanks in advance.
  13. S

So does anyone have AHB2, can you give some brief summary on what its strong and weak points are? Can not be everything that's good, can it? How does it compare against other similar amplifiers in the same price bracket - anyone?
  14. S

Pass Aleph 3 clone Class A amp experience

Measurements do not always tell the story. Except they are just that, measurements.
  15. S

Do you own it? Someone reviewed it, with the message that when it clips it starts blinking and then shuts off. The reviewer liked it nevertheless, so he bough two (one for each channel). Now it's Ok.
Top Bottom