Recent content by Snarfie

1. Snarfie

Ultra High Quality Record (UHQR) Jimi Hendrix

I'm more interested in the UHQR Original digital master from which probably the UHQR vinyl is/could be made . There are some re-masters that sounds better using contemporary mastering technics. Would be funny if it is eventualy clear ( as with the MoFi storry) that the UHQR vinyl pressing is...
  2. Snarfie

The Case Against OLED

More or less both. Panel life would be more interesting.
  3. Snarfie

The Case Against OLED

In have now for 1,5 years a Qled 50 inch tv quite happy with the quality. From the beginning i put the brightness/contrast on 67% which for us is Bright enough. Doing so does that mean that my screen will last longer than using let say 95% of contrast.? If so how much longer. Using 95% or 63%...
  4. Snarfie

How to select equipment by specification

Got a Bose Wave System III with all your requirements yes incluiding a CD player you can even stream from your mobile phone by bluetooth. Bit outdated but still looks an more important sounds great for it minimal dimension IMO. Found in a thrift store. Funny thing is their is no knob for me it...
  5. Snarfie

Do CD players sound different to each other?

Wondering if you could hear a difference when you rip a cd to a hdd or ssd drive an compare with the fysical CD drive which has probably a bit of time based error (jitter). For that matter could you hear same sort time based error between a hdd or ssd drive. And or could you measure that.
  6. Snarfie

The Laptop Thread

Are there forum members using a 1 TB (or more) SD card to put their lossless audio files on an use it as their main (audio) drive in a Windows OS. Disadvantage could be searching for files. Or is it desired to upgrade to let say a 2TB more SSD drive doing that means hassel making a system copy...
  7. Snarfie

The online coffee/espresso culture mirrors the subjectivist audio crowd.

Looks like WAF rules also buying a coffee Maschine. Did got many years ago a E61 Vibiemme Maschine great coffee but was not practical so we bought a Melitta Caffeo Solo automate yes that is cursing in the coffee high end market. To my surprise it brews close to the same coffee as the Vibiemme...
  8. Snarfie

Looking for news source/app that does not follow my preference just general news

What i found on the Guardian about my daily cup of coffee a interesting story about Ethiopia can't comply because of European Deforestation-free Products rulings. An a Amy Winehouse story...
  9. Snarfie

Looking for news source/app that does not follow my preference just general news

Following now The guardian European news looks interesting
  10. Snarfie

Using for some years Google News an starting to get depressed. What is offerd is mostly based on my click habbit probably:facepalm:. Im looking for a news source just covering general news not specificly based on my specific taste. For indepth News an back ground i have a Dutch Quality (so they...
  11. Snarfie

How to manage the mental somersaults, avoiding brain damage and brain rewiring from reading news?

After dinner listening in my mancave to music. Before i know it it is getting dark an time to go to bed. Listening to music i did avoid looking to TV or my mobile phone. But than i'm in bed listening to podcasts or re run TV programs :facepalm:
  12. Snarfie

What is the point of CD rips?

Another reason to ripp especially first release CD's they contain transient that are lost due to time here under a part of an interview with Roger Nichols explains the loss of transients all ready in hours after recording Steely Dan on master tapes. Those CD's are shougt by collectors. So you...
  13. Snarfie

What is the point of CD rips?

First thing i did when ripping around 500 cd's is buying an 3TB backup HDD. I have a 2TB SSD in my laptop which contains far more than 500 cd's. It is solid state by far better imo than any cd drive at any price. Also 100% independent from streaming services as Tidal etc. Further more the HDD...
  14. Snarfie

"Quantum Cognition" should probably be taken into account in sound assessments?

It's the question when determining takes place of a double blind listening test this raises the question when will the wave function collaps just after the test or when the outcome is presented. If you think you understands this it means you dont't understand this. Now we are back in a...
Top Bottom